Tuesday, December 9, 2014

28 Weeks

Well I've made it to my third and final trimester and I'm 2/3's of the way done! I can't believe I'm already this far along. I'm now up to prenatal appointments every two weeks. At my 28 week appointment I got to do the glucose blood test. I passed with flying colors! They want you under 140 and I was at 88. My belly was measuring right on at 28 cm.

Here is my 12 week to 28 week progression picture!

Date: December 9, 2014

How far along? 28 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Up 18 lbs. I enjoy only gaining 1 pound a week. I hope it keeps up!

Maternity clothes? I do not like maternity pants. I do not find them comfortable. The most comfortable pants I like to wear are my yoga pants and my sweat pants. I really need to try to find a nice pair of jeans that are comfortable. With a low panel. In fact. I found these maternity skinny jeans that have a triangle of stretchy material on both sides and not all around the waist... I wonder if those are more comfortable... I am not a fan of full panel maternity pants. Ok... rant done.

Sleep: My sleeping has become more uncomfortable. I'd say starting around 26ish weeks probably. I just want to sleep on my back. Sleeping on my sides is not comfortable and hurts my groin. It also doesn't help my heart burn. I think I'm going to try and buy a foam wedge to sleep on so I can sleep on my back and see if that helps. I'm hesitant to start sleeping in the bean bag because I worry that was maybe one of the causes of Jacob not being able to flip heads down like he was supposed to. I don't really know if that was the cause but it still makes me hesitant. I also just like sleeping with Scott. :) I get all sorts of lonely sleeping in the bean bag!

Movement: Baby girl likes to live on the right side of my uterus. In fact. I'm pretty sure the left side
28 Weeks
is not being used at all! haha Wide open spaces over there. Her back is laid up against the right side of the uterus and she likes to stretch herself out so that her butt pushes against the uterus with much force! She's pretty strong for a little guy... Then I feel her legs and arms move around the middle of my stomach. It's weird because when she's pushing out really hard that area is really sensitive. So if I push back it hurts really bad. I never had that with Jacob.... She is becoming more active though and that is really fun! There for a few weeks I wasn't really feeling her move much but the past week or so she has been very active.

Feeling sick? I threw up yesterday and again at 27 weeks. *sigh* Plus this past week I really just haven't felt great. Nauseous most of the day. My sickness stopped around 32 weeks with Jacob, so I just keep hoping it does with this one as well. Only 4 more weeks to go!

Other pregnancy symptoms? 25 weeks brought with it braxton hicks and groin pain. I have been having braxton hicks my whole pregnancy. Just here and there. Once a month maybe. But now I'm having very very multiple a day. Sometimes very very multiple an hour. They are really more on the annoying side. And as my stomach gets bigger the more annoying they are. The groin pain happens mostly at night when I sleep on my sides. It definitely helps to put a pillow between my legs though and the pain hasn't been too bad. I don't think it's as bad this time around as it was with Jacob. It was around this time with Jacob that I was hardly sleeping at all at night because I'd wake up in so much pain. I think the reason is because I'm not walking with this one. Taking long strides like I do when I walk for exercise and when I run bring on my groin pain. Around 27 weeks my hips starting aching a little at night as well. But so far that hasn't been too bad. I am also starting to hate evenings. I am fine all day long but evening hits and I get so uncomfortable! I have heart burn and indigestion and I just feel so blah. I really kind of hate it. On a positive note. By this time with Jacob my ankles had started to swell and so far no swelling! YAY!

Have you started to show yet? I think I am definitely carrying this baby girl lower than I carried Jacob. I carried him soooo high! My back hurts a little bit more with her than with Jacob and I think that is why. I'm still just carrying her straight out though! Like a little ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment