Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Moab Family Vacation

Since Scott got work off for Veterans Day we decided to add a few more days on top of it and take a little family vacation down to Moab. Unfortunate Jacob and I both got sick the day that we were supposed to leave and as a prego person I'm not really allowed to take anything to help it. So I just had to suck it up and we packed and left. I'm glad that I only felt really sick that first day. The rest of the time I felt good. Jacob was also sick though and had a pretty nasty cough. We drove down and stayed with Melanie and Ben Thursday night and Jacob was coughing and wheezing we were wondering if we should go at all. Thankfully Melanie gave us some essential oils to use and they really seemed to work. Jacob didn't hardly cough all night and the wheezing was completely gone by morning. So we decided to continue our journey.

Our plan was to camp the whole trip to help save on costs. But by the morning of our first night camping I was done. Jacob hadn't slept well and ended up sleeping with us, which means I didn't sleep at all. It also kind of sucked because it got dark by 5:30 and it was cold so we just didn't really have anything to do from 5:30 till we went to sleep. I also forgot to bring my coat so I was feeling extra cold.


Because of all the circumstances we decided to just get a hotel and I think that was the best choice. It was a night hotel with a little kitchenette so we could still do all our own cooking. And they gave us a discounted price. It was really nice to be able to stay out until dark then have somewhere warm and lit we could go. Jacob and I also slept much much better in the hotel.

We spend most of our time in Arches National Park. We did a lot of hiking. Sadly our second day at Arches was a very windy day which meant lot of sand in the eyes. It was also a colder wind so if you were in the shade it got very cold very quickly. A lot of the canyons would create wind tunnels. It was still nice just would have been even better if the wind hadn't of been blowing.

 Double Arches







 

 Elephant Rock
 Garden of Eden
 Firery Furnace
 Balance Rock

 Delicate Arch



 Delicate Arch






 Landscape Arch


 Jacob ran up and down rock hills and around cliffs and when does he bump a hole in his head? In the Hotel. We still don't even know what he did or how it happened. He just started crying and we turn around and he's sitting in the middle of the floor with blood dripping down his face.

We spent our last day in Canyonlands. Scott took us on an off-roading trail to get us there. He needed to test out the awesomeness of our outback. It exceeded his expectations! The road was pretty steep in places and we had to go slower because Jacob was sleeping and Scott was trying not to wake him up going over all the rocks and the car never slipped once. It just slowly made it's way up the sand, rocks and hills.

 






Canyonlands was pretty cool as well. It was different because in stead of all the rocks being higher than you like in Arches everything was lower than you in canyons so it looked pretty flat. It had some cool arches though and some other features.







 All tuckered out after 3 days in Southern Utah

On our way back to Idaho we stopped and stayed the night with the Durtschi clan. It was really fun to spend some time with them. We also stopped by to say hi to Clarissa and to see her and Justin's new place in Salt Lake. It seems like a decent apartment and is a nice size. I'm not going to lie I'm a little sad they moved away... I was really excited to have them close by so that their baby and my baby could be play mates!

Our trip ended up being really awesome! It was really nice to just do something with our little family. Not that we don't love our trips with our extended family... But it was fun to be just the three of us as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment