So the highlight of my birthday was forgetting it was my birthday.... I am blaming it on the fact that we had just gotten back from vacation the night before and hadn't really kept track of the days while we were on vacation. We woke up Thursday morning and Scott had asked me to trim the hair on the back of his neck and while I was trimming my alarm went off on my phone for my calender. I said, "Oh, it's payday!" So I open my phone and look at the calender reminder and it says, "Happy Birthday!" I turn to Scott and say, "Hey, it's my birthday today!" He get's this surprised look on his face and says, "Oh.... Well happy birthday then!" hahaha. It was the funniest thing ever! I am not one to forget my birthday. In fact. I'm usually the type of person that milks it for all it's worth and it's my birthday all week.
I just assumed Scott hadn't gotten me a present, which I was right. So that night we had Grandma and Grandpa Bergendorf watch Jacob and Scott and I went out and ate at Johnny Carino's then went birthday present shopping at Ross so I could get a new jacket and half zip pull over then we went to a movie. So all in all my birthday ended up being great anyways despite the fact that we forgot it.
The next night we had a little get together with family and friends to have cake and ice cream. It's not your birthday without lighting some candles, putting them on a cake and blowing them out. Also, apparently Scott was tired of being married to a young-en because he put 41 candles on my cake and it set off the fire alarm. It was pretty epic. :) Thanks everyone for making my birthday great!
No comments:
Post a Comment