Welcome to the Crossbone Cavern!
We had such a great time! I thought everything turned out prefect!
This year for Halloween I decided to make Jacob a mummy costume. Man..... Was it a lot of work! Don't worry... It only took like 3 tries before I figured it out. And that's only thanks to Becca Rogers for giving me the idea! I went to the thrift store and found and old cream colored sheet that I cut into strips and a one piece jumper to use as the base. The first attempt I just tried wrapping the strips around the jumper but that didn't work at all because it just fell off. The second time I tried wrapping it but putting some stitches here and there but that didn't really work either. Then Becca gave me the idea to us a hot glue gun to glue all the strips on and that worked perfectly! Then I needed to put in a zipper because I couldn't get it on him. So that was a disaster and a half! Only took me like 8 tried because the zipper kept getting stuck and broke. My first mistake was buying an invisible zipper which was just to fine for the costume. Then I bought a plastic invisible zipper foot for the sewing machine which was a joke because it was designed very poorly and wouldn't stay on the machine. I seriously got so so frustrated and almost threw the whole costume out the window. After going back to the store and getting a bigger zipper it worked much much better. The easiest part of the whole costume was the hat. I just crocheted a hat then glued strips of fabric around it. After all the time and frustration it paid off because I had the cutest looking mummy of all time! Jacob looked so cute in his costume! I loved it! We were able to do trunk or treating in Idaho Falls the weekend before Halloween. Then on Halloween we went trick or treating at Scott's office building then went to Driggs to do more trunk or treating. We came away with a pretty good candy stash.










No comments:
Post a Comment