Thursday, July 21, 2016

2 Months





2 Months old! Austin still looks a lot like Jacob but definitely has his own features as well! He had his well child visit today and got his first round of vaccinations. The office I go to have switched from 2 nurses giving the vaccinations at a time to just 1 now. I'm not as much of a fan. Now he has to go through 2 sessions of pain vs just getting it all done at once. :( But Austin is definialy turning out to be our fastest growing kid. He is currently 12 lbs 2 oz and 22 1/2" long. He is only 5 oz behind Jacob's 2 month weight and started a pound lighter. So I have a feeling he is going to be closing the gap within the next month or so. He is wearing size 1 diapers but I think 2's would def fit him better so I'm just waiting for the size 1's to be out so I can buy him size 2's. He is still wearing 0-3 month clothes although I'm sure we will be switching him to the next size pretty soon!


Austin is a very smiley kid when he doesn't have any other things bothering him. (Which seems to be a lot more often than not) But you can usually get a smile out of him even if he is feeling a little cranky. It's funny though because he loves to look up at whatever is above your head so when he "smiles at you" he's not actually smiling at you. He's smiling at you while looking above your head. I still think he is smiling because of your presence. Just not looking at you while he does it. :) I think Jacob is one of his favorites though. Jacob can almost always get Austin to smile. And Jacob loves being around Austin so it's very cute.


Austin reminds me of Jacob a lot. He has the same desire to always be up a looking around. He doesn't much like to by laying flat on the ground and prefers to be at somewhat of an incline when he is self entertaining. So when I am able and he allows I will either put him in the chair sitting up, on the bean bag, in the bumbo or the walker so he can be sitting up looking around. He also loves to stand. I can hardly get him to sit anymore when I am burping him. He is usually standing and can fully support himself on his legs. He has very very good head control and doesn't mind tummy time most of the time. Something that always makes Austin smile is when I am "running" his legs. He loves it for some reason. I think he is a pretty strong kid and the predication was also impressed with how well he stood and held his head up. If you are holding him he doesn't want to rest against you he likes to be sitting fully supporting his head on his own. He has started cooing a little but doesn't really talk much as of now. And just yesterday he started sucking on his hands! Austin seems to be getting better with the car seat as well. We don't have to swaddle him anymore when he is in it and as long as you are moving he seems to do pretty well. Although I would say it still isn't his most favorite... And Austin really seems to like bath time but it pretty much ends when I have to wash his hair and get him out because he hates both of those.

This is Austin's signature look :)

Austin has the best pouty lip. I think it is the cutest! I unfortunately haven't been able to get a picture of it. :( He also does this really cute whimper cry that I love. I'm not sure what it means yet... But while I'm figuring it out I'll just enjoy it. :) This video doesn't do it justice. But It's the best I could get.

He either has a very low pain tolerance or is just a little sensitive. If he gets bumped in anyway he starts screaming. And although it usually is very short lasting. He goes from 0 to 60 in like 3 seconds. Because it doesn't last very long I'm leaning more towards he is just a little sensitive. :) Austin has definitely been our most challenging kid thus far. He is very needy and wants to be held all the time which is really hard with two other very small children to take care of. He also wont put himself to sleep so I either have to bounce, rock, walk, pat his bum or all of it to get him to go to sleep. Then it's hard because I feel like if I lay him down he just wakes up.
He is so squirmy all the time I feel there are times when he has to be in pain but I have no idea what kind of pain he is in. We have tried all the gas medicine and that doesn't seem to help much. At his doctor appointment we got him some acid reflex medicine to see if that helps. We'll have to see. I have really tried to start focusing on something I am eating that may be upsetting his stomach and have cut out all the foods that seemed to bother my other kids. So right now I'm not eating dairy, peanuts or beans. If things get better I will introduce them one at a time to see if I can figure out if that is it. He seems so have a few good days and then a few really bad days where he doesn't sleep much all day and he is just really fussy. I just feel so emotionally drained all the time. I don't get a break from being a mom ever and it has been really hard. I constantly feel overwhelmed and when the other kids are fussy on top of Austin my stress levels sky rocket. I know this too shall pass but some days I just don't know how I'm going to make it through. I've been spending a lot of time in Driggs getting extra help from my family. But I feel like as soon as I'm back in Idaho Falls I just can't handle it anymore. I know postpartum depression is playing into my emotions and that is not helping. I do feel like he is getting a little better and will self entertain sometimes. Usually the evenings are the worst. He currently hasn't really liked the swing but I'm trying to force it on him so that I can put him down. The vibrator broke in our bouncy chair so he doesn't seem to be as content with that as he used to be. On a positive note. When Austin gets really angry his lip quivers really bad and it is really cute. ;)


Austin is a good eater! But he eats all the time! I usually feed him every 1 1/2 hrs. Which is why he may be gaining so much weight... If he is napping he will go 2 hours but usually wakes up to eat in the middle of his nap. If I'm not doing anything then the 1 1/2 isn't that noticeable. But if I'm doing something I feel like I'm feeding him all the time! He is a great eater though!

Austin is sleeping great at night! Although he's a night owl and usually doesn't go to sleep until 11 pm. Which pretty much means I'm on mom duty every moment of my waking day. But after he goes to sleep he usually does a 6 hour stretch before wanting to eat and then goes every 2-3 hours after that till he wakes up for the day around 10 am. Naps are still all over the place and sometimes it seems like he doesn't really nap at all. But I know over time that his nap schedule will get more consistent. Now if only I could get him to figure out how to fall asleep on his own.... That is a work in progress.

1 comment:

  1. Haven't had time to read any of your updates lately. Glad I could read this. Hopefully things will get better soon! No fun having a fussy baby all the time. I know...

    ReplyDelete