Sunday, August 21, 2016

3 Months







Austin did not by-pass Jacob but has caught up to him. He is now 23 inches tall and 13 pounds 2 ounces and Jacob was 13 pounds 3 ounces. I haven't had time to move him up to 3 month clothes yet but I'm going to as soon as I find some time. He is still wearing size 2 diapers and probably will for a bit longer unless those fat rolls on his thighs get too big! Austin seems to have more hair then my other babies did. Or maybe it's just darker. I find myself looking down and doing a double take because I'm just not used to seeing so much hair. Not like he even has a lot of it... It's just more then I'm used to seeing on my babies. It also seemed to grow back really fast after falling out. He does have some Alfalfa hair on top that never fell out so it's longer and darker than the rest of his hair. :) He also had a birth mark show up on his right cheek that I love! At first I just thought it was dirt, but when I went to rub it off it didn't come off!


I feel like this boy is so intelligent... And aware. He just seems to know what's going on. It's kind of hard to explain. There has just been so many times where I'm like, for his age... He shouldn't be doing things yet. Or so aware of his surrounds. Maybe it's just been because life has been so crazy that he's just growing up too fast! I feel like he is going to be a fast learner. He is for sure a smiler! You can get him to smile at you just by looking at him! As soon as his eyes focus on you he is smiling at you. He is also becoming quite the giggler. He laughs way more than Jacob or Ida did at this age and it is so much fun! He is also SO ticklish! It's the greatest! And I feel like I torture him so much more than I should because when I tickle him he laughs and it's so cute! He has also started to talk and coo but doesn't do it very often. It's pretty cute when he does though!


Austin still doesn't like the car seat much. It makes car rides not super enjoyable sometimes. Especially when he gets mad and nothing will make him better. He also doesn't like things being over his head. The other day I was getting him dressing and his shirt didn't go over his head as quickly as it usually does and he kind of started panicking. He also really hates getting out of the tub and getting washed. So before that whole process starts he seems to enjoy getting baths.


Austin started grabbing onto his toys about a week ago. I feel like he is pretty good as well. You can see him working his fingers to make them work and it takes so much concentrations. It was just over two weeks ago that he started reaching and hitting his toys. He is starting to really like the play mat. He also seems to enjoy being in the jumper but mainly because it sits him up. He hasn't figured out how to use it at all yet. And, I wouldn't say Austin likes the swing but I have pretty much forced him to put up with being in the swing. I can get him to take naps in it but he doesn't really like being in it any longer than is necessary. He has also discovered his hands. That is one of my favorites when they figure out they have hands and they just stare at them. It's the best!


I also love them figuring out how to work their hands. It's like they can concentrate on them for like 15 seconds at a time and then they lose the concentration and their hands go crazy again. And then they are able to focus back and try to work them again. I just think it's so fun to watch! He doesn't really seem to suck on his hands much but will occasionally get them up there. So far as well he doesn't bring the toys up to his month at all. Just grabs onto them.


Life has still been pretty rough with Austin. I felt like me cutting out diary and other stuff from my diet seemed to work for a while but then it just got bad again. I just can't help but feel like there is something more bothering him then him just being a fussy baby. I just don't really have any idea what it might be. Sleeping has been so horrible lately. He only takes half hour naps at a time during the day but he always wakes up crying like he wants more sleep but doesn't sleep longer. Then at night he's been getting up every 1 to 2 hours when he used to be doing a good 6 hour stretch of sleep. He seems to get really gasy at night and I have to always un-swaddle him and work his legs to get all the gas out then he seems to sleep a little better after that. But I just feel like I'm not getting any sleep and it's exhausting. I just don't really know what to do anymore. I feel like I spend the majority of the day just walking around with him with Ida following behind crying because she wants me to hold her. Or trying to put him to sleep.

He still wont go to sleep on his own at all and I just don't have the time with the other kids to work on it with him. So even though he is pretty good at breaking out of his swaddle, I feel like I have to keep swaddling him so that he will stay asleep while I transition holding him to laying him down. He's really good at just working his one arm out and I think it's really cute. He also doesn't really take the pacifier as well as my other kids did and spits it out most of the time you try to give it to him. Especially if he is hungry. But that is something else that I kind of force on him... If I hold it in there long enough he will usually decide to take it :) He doesn't really use it at night which I think is just fine. It usually just sits next to him in the crib all night.

But he does eat well! He has always seemed to gulp his food down. He is still eating every 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours but we getting more so that he will go 2 hours between feedings. I think I feed him more than I did the others because he is so fussy I just don't really know what else to do so I feed him again. Haha might be why he is becoming so chunky. :) But when he is happy he seems to be really happy. Even when he is fussy you can usually get a smile out of him so that is nice. :) I'm hoping now that he is 3 months old some of his fussiness will start to work itself out.

Austin's first time swimming... Not so much a fan
Austin with his cousin Cooper. They are going to be best buds!

No comments:

Post a Comment