| 8 Weeks 3 Days |
It's amazing just how fast you forget about how miserable being pregnant is, more specifically the first trimester... At least this time around I know what the end result actually feels like and that helped. I have also had a first (and probably more) trimester life saver called zofran. I don't know why I never even attempted to get this stuff when I was pregnant with Jacob, because I love it! I knew pretty quickly that I was pregnant... Four weeks to be exact because that's when I first started to notice the nausea that often accompanies the first trimester. I told Scott we didn't even need to take a pregnancy test because I was already 95% sure that I was. Fortunately the nausea didn't get really bad until my 7th week. That's when I started laying on the couch all day forcing myself to get up to take care of Jacob. Making him food was the worst because everything that I fed him made me want, or did make me, vomit. I think there is one pregnancy symptom that I hate worse then nausea and that is food aversions. How cruel to have two pregnancy symptoms that work against each other. When you feel sick you need to eat to make you feel better. But when the sound of everything there is to eat makes you feel sick then it's really really hard to force yourself to eat something that the thought of eating makes you want to throw up. So therefore you don't eat very much, causing you to feel more sick, which makes your food aversions worse. It's a very viscous cycle. Well after I hit 8 weeks I called the doctor and told them to get me in as quick as they could with anyone that was available to see me. I had hoped to not go to the doctor at all until 12 weeks but I had to try something to help with feeling sick. I had already broke down in tears multiple times just thinking about how many weeks of morning sickness were still in front of me and how many family activities there were that I would have to fake feeling good at. I just didn't think I could do it. And then there came zofran. And it worked! The first day I took it I was able to eat more food then I had probably in a full week combined. I still felt sick but it was manageable! And the best part of all was 95% of my food aversions were gone! So food sounded good again! I am so so grateful that I was able to find something that helped because I really don't know if I could have done it.
Scott and I are so excited! Something about knowing what to expect just makes me so much more excited for this one then I ever was for Jacob. I'm so glad that I've had so much going on that my first trimester has flown by.
Now for some pregnancy facts: :)
Date: 9-9-14
How far along? 15 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Up 3 pounds
How far along? 15 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Up 3 pounds
Maternity clothes? I wear some maternity pants because they are more comfortable and I can. :) I probably don't really need to.
Sleep: Still sleeping great if you don't count the 2-4 times a night I'm still getting up to use the bathroom!
Sleep: Still sleeping great if you don't count the 2-4 times a night I'm still getting up to use the bathroom!
Movement: So I think I might have felt the baby move for the fist time just a couple days ago... I know it's pretty early but I was 15 1/2 weeks when I first felt Jacob move....
Feeling sick? Still feeling sick. :( But I had a few days last week that I didn't have to take any zofran so it is getting better! But I also had a few other days of throwing up. Very very ready for the whole morning sickness thing to be over.
Feeling sick? Still feeling sick. :( But I had a few days last week that I didn't have to take any zofran so it is getting better! But I also had a few other days of throwing up. Very very ready for the whole morning sickness thing to be over.
Other pregnancy symptoms: Fatigue, round ligament pain, the need to pee, slight pelvic floor pain when I run.
Have you started to show yet: I feel like I have just a little. I know to everyone else it just looks like I never lost my baby weight from having Jacob.
Gender prediction: I really don't know... But Scott has decided he thinks that we are having a girl and has started calling the baby a her. :)
Have you started to show yet: I feel like I have just a little. I know to everyone else it just looks like I never lost my baby weight from having Jacob.
Gender prediction: I really don't know... But Scott has decided he thinks that we are having a girl and has started calling the baby a her. :)
Some pregnancy symptoms that I feel have been different from my first pregnancy and this one is fatigue and round ligament pain. I never really felt overly tired with Jacob but this time around I have had a lot harder time staying awake during the day. I also never experienced any round ligament pain with Jacob. The fact that I'm feeling it so early actually slightly worries me for the future of this pregnancy. We shall see if it continues or gets worse. One symptom that doesn't seem to be as bad is with Jacob is moodiness... I feel like I haven't been that moody.
No comments:
Post a Comment