Saturday, August 24, 2013

Mesa Falls Half Marathon

Because my husband is the beast of a man that he is, he ran a half marathon the weekend following the Grand Teton Relay. When it comes to running I have had a tendency to underestimate Scott, but this year he has proven me wrong! I'm so proud of him! He has done so well this year. The Ragnar Relay, GT Relay, 5k and a half marathon this summer. AND.... he PRed in his 5k race as well as his half marathon! Last year when he ran the Layton half marathon he ran it in 2 hours and 17 minutes. This year he ran the Mesa half marathon (which is a harder race and he hadn't trained as hard for) in 2 hours and 10 minutes!




 The time on the right is for Scott's race
 Jacob and Daddy


After the race Scott said that although he thought his lungs were in better shape this year he didn't think his body was physically in better shape. He hurt a lot more after this one then the last. But I think while running the GT Relay my family pushed some competitiveness into him and he pushed himself harder as well has his body probably hadn't recovered from running the weekend before. Either way he still did great and I'm proud of him! Good work babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment