Well summer is well on it's way and it has already been a very busy one!
One
week after Jacob was born my mom ran her first marathon at 50 years
old! She is pretty much my inspiration. I'm so proud of her and all the
hard work she put in to training for her race! It was a very emotional
moment when she crossed that finish line beating her personal goal for
herself! She did so amazing!
Running Mom in
The marathon timer is on the right!
Grandma and Jacob
A couple weeks later Scott took off to run the Ragnar Relay in Utah! I was really hoping I'd be feeling up to go watch him but unfortunately I wasn't. Instead I decided to spend the time in Driggs so I could get some help from my mom and sisters with Jacob.
After Scott's race. (Which he did amazing in! I'm so proud of him and the hard work he's done to prepare for his races) Scott went on a 3 day Canyoneering trip with a few of his friends down in Southern Utah. I'm glad he was able to go because it's been a few years since he has been canyoneering and I know he loves doing it.
We celebrated the 4th of July in Idaho Falls. We started out by going to the parade then celebrated Janette's birthday with a family get together! Happy Birthday Janette! After the birthday fun we headed over to Civitan Park where Scott and I had earlier staked out a spot for my family to come and watch the fireworks. It was a lot of fun to hang out with everyone! My sister Katrina came with her family to visit (Of course to see Jacob) and it was a lot of fun to spend some time with her for the weekend. I'm really sad though because I really didn't take any pictures and this was Jacob's first 4th of July and I didn't get a single picture of him. :( That weekend we headed up to Driggs to spend more time with the Funk's while they were visiting them back to Idaho Falls to bless Jacob on July 7th. Talk about a lot of driving for everyone!
My sister Katrina has saved the day and provided me with a picture of Jacob on the Fourth of July! Thanks Katrina! Your the best!
Just some of the things we did in Driggs while the Funk's were visiting :)
Crystal, Katrina and Mom ran around the Aspen Trail
Jacob went on his first bike ride with Daddy
Went on a very rainy hike up Teton Canyon
Holland and Taylor
Nice legs Taylor! :)
Jacob's blessing went so well! I was nervous because I've never had to plan a big get together meal feeding 50 people but everything went perfectly and it was fun to have the family together again for this special occasion. I think we ended up having a total of 50+ people come to Jacob's blessing. It was a good thing it was 4th of July weekend and most of the people in our ward was gone because our ward has a small chapel and Scott and I's family and friends pretty much filled up the whole thing! We are so grateful for everyone who came and for all your help bringing food and showing your love and support! Thank you!
While Katrina was up we were able to take a picture of all the grand kids!
Scott has also been playing outdoor soccer through out the summer.
The season started a couple weeks before Jacob was born so we figured it
wouldn't be worth it for me to play. Next year! Scott did really good
though!
The week after the 4th Scott and I had a cousin from Scott's side, Nathan, and two cousin's from my side, Cameron and Colton, go through the temple for their missions! I was fun to be able to experience that with each of them and we are excited for each of there decisions to fulfill missions! We want to wish them all luck!
The following weekend we went to Driggs to run the in the Tin Cup Challenge. This would be my first race postpartum and Jacob's first 5k! I made Scott push the stroller so that I could just run. I think this was like 7 weeks postpartum. It was good training for the big GT Relay I was training for though!
5k running group! Cricket, Scott, myself, Ondrea, Clarissa and Jacob!
Finishing strong!
Mom finishing her 10k! She beat her goal of 45 mins
We also came up to spend some time with Jordan before she left on her mission. We had a really great weekend! We went rock climbing on Saturday and Mom, Shelyn, Ondrea, Scott, Jacob and I went on a hike to the wind caves on Monday! Jacob did great and pretty much slept the whole time. We didn't have a lot of time to hike so we didn't go in the caves but went to the waterfall instead. Scott and I forgot our carrier for Jacob so my mom found some old fabric and we made a mobe wrap for him! I love it and use it all the time now! It's just so lightweight and convenient.
Jacob, Scott and Crystal
Hike to the Darby Windcaves
A little bat that decided to land on moms leg
Dobby the goat resting after the tough hike
After the hike the whole family (extended family included) headed up to cold springs for a hot dog cookout. It was a lot of fun to get together with everyone! It's been years since we've all been up there. Good luck Jordan!
A couple weekends after that we headed up to Driggs yet again to hike Table Rock. We were hoping Jacob would be able to hike but after speaking to his pediatrician we found out babies shouldn't go to super high elevations till after 6 months because their ears aren't developed enough to "pop" so it can cause ear infections. So because of that and a few other things that ended up happening we didn't end up hiking. Instead we set off to find a geo-cache that we have been wanting to get for about a year in a half now. It's located at the Bitch Creek Train crossing Bridge. Scott and Scott set up a couple of repels off the bridge so they could look for the cache. Crystal then climbed up later to sign the log after they found it. It ended up being a nice day!
Found it!
I can't believe the summer is already almost over... But I think I'm ready for things to slow down just a bit!





























No comments:
Post a Comment