2 Months!!!

Jacob is 2 Months old! At his 2 month appointment he weighed 12 lbs 7
ounces (75th percentile). His height actually went down... to 23 inches (50th percentile). (Last month it
was 23 3/4") Ya.... Not the most accurate method used.... 2 month appointment meant
Jacob's first round of vaccinations. :( It was so sad! I was glad Scott
went with me so I wouldn't have to be involved. He was laying there on
that table fairly calm then when they poked his little legs his face
immediately scrunched up in shock and turned beat red! Then the crying
started. Not the, I'm crying so that you'll give me attention, but the
real deal. Tears, sobs and all. :( That was the first time he's ever had
tears when he cried. The next couple days he was a little more fussy
then usual but we tried to keep the infant Tylenol in him.

Jacob has grown and developed a ton this past month! I can't believe how
fast he changes. He now is very aware of your presence and looks at you
and smiles at you all the time! He has discovered that he has a say in
things and he lets you know it! One of those things he has a say in is
nursing. Although I don't think he HATES nursing, he has decided that he
would rather take a bottle to nursing. I think he likes the consistent
flow of the milk. So we have stopped using the bottle. It took him a few
days before he'd nurse without throwing a huge fit, but now that he
realizes this is how it is he has decided nursing isn't the worst thing.
I'll try reintroducing the bottle every month or so to see if he'll be
ok with both. But until he is, or if he ever decides to be, we are
sticking to exclusive nursing. Jacob also likes being able to see his
surroundings. If he is awake he wants to be sitting up so he can see
everything! I love that he can express his emotions more. He has
discovered his voice and his tongue and it's so fun to just sit and talk
to him and have him talk back to me. The best is when he's been
entertaining himself for awhile and when you walk into his view and he
sees you a huge smile breaks out on his face! I often just like watching
him as he entertains himself. He talks to himself and smiles and plays
with his tongue and it's just so fun!

Some of Jacobs dislikes this month are:
Tummy Time (still)
Laying down if he is awake
Wet or Poopy diapers
Naps
Some of the things Jacob likes are:
Getting his diaper changed
Bath time (don't know if he really LIKES baths but he doesn't scream at the top of his lungs anymore when we bathe him)
Bottles
His Aunt Clarissa :) (Looks like my blog got hacked :)
At the beginning of the month Jacob was sleeping around 3-4 hours
at night. During the month we discovered that Jacob could put himself to
sleep! A very very exciting discovery for me! I now feed him and put
him to bed at 9. He falls asleep sometime between 9 and 10. then sleeps
for 5 hours then another 3 to 4 after that. Getting up sometime between 7
and 8 am. I think it's a pretty good schedule. Can't complain to much
with it. He did have a few nights where he slept between 6-8 hours at a
time. But those nights are usually the days that we kept him really
busy.
So pretty much we just love that kid a lot and a lot. He's a keeper for sure! :)
Here are some other picture from the past month....
Jacob's first 5k!
So precious! :)
How Jacob and I sometimes spend our days...
No comments:
Post a Comment