Wednesday, April 27, 2016

36 Weeks

Wow... these past couple weeks have been rough! I went from feeling really awesome around 34 weeks to really not awesome. Good news though. Baby is heads down now! I think a few days after my 34 week appointment I was laying in bed and decided to try to rotate the baby myself. Well... It went pretty easily heads down. I just did two little pushes and it was there. I don't know if it's actually been heads down ever since then. But I figured it wouldn't be hard to keep turning it myself if I had to. But ever since my false labor scare, (See my moving day post for more details on that) the baby has been heads down and wrecking all sorts of havoc on my cervix, lower spine/tail bone, pubic bone and bladder. (No... It's not fun and very painful...)

36 Week baby bump!

Date: April 27, 2016

How far along? 36 Weeks... Wow, only 4 weeks left. When I start having doctor appointments every 2 weeks I feel like I'm getting really close. But now I'm at weekly and seriously this baby is going to be here before we even know it! Now would probably be a good time to start refreshing on my hypnobabies....

Total weight gain/loss: I guess my body has finally decided to play a little catch up from not gaining any weight and I put on 3 pounds the past 2 weeks. So I'm now up 27 pounds bringing my grand total to 161 lbs!

Maternity clothes? I'm actually growing out of some of my maternity shirts... Getting nice and big I am.

Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty decent as long as my kids sleep decent. Lately Jacob has decided that Scott and I's bed is the place to be. It started really bad when Scott left for the first time to South Dakota for 2 weeks. Every night he was coming into bed. Well technically I'm sleeping in the bean bag but he would come into my bed I'm not sleeping in. I think it's a terrible habit to start before the baby comes because pretty sure Scott, Jacob, me and the baby (occasionally) are not all going to fit in the queen size bed. Plus, when I'm back in the bed I don't sleep well at all when Jacob is sleeping with us because he is such a wild sleeper. But Scott likes Jacob coming into bed with him.

Movement: The movements don't seem to be as jerky these days but they still happen often. When I was at the hospital getting checked out for the false labor stuff the baby moved non stop the whole hour I was there. It was moving so much that the monitors wouldn't pick up his heart rate and he kept kicking the off my belly. And the other night he moved from like 9 to midnight straight. I'm telling ya. After this baby comes we will not be sleeping. Also since the false labor stuff. (It started the same time I started having contractions) This baby puts so much pressure on my cervix sometimes it feels like he's taking a knife to it. I can't even walk when it happens because it's such a sharp, painful pain. I just try to cross my legs really tight in hopes it pushes whatever is putting so much pressure on my cervix up more. Also, it likes to head butt my lower spine and tailbone which is not a comfortable feeling. I never had that with Ida. Sometimes some cervix punches which felt uncomfortable but not painful. It also likes to head butt my pubic bone. I liked it much better when baby was heads up I think....

Feeling sick? I've been feeling nauseous here and there really randomly. But most of the time I don't feel sick at all. And that's the way I like it.

Other pregnancy symptoms? These past two weeks have seriously been so bad. I don't know why but my stomach has just been so uncomfortable. I don't know if it's been the babies position? For most of the past couple weeks before the false labor thing which happened 4 days ago, the baby has been spending most of it's time in a diagonal position with it's head or butt putting a lot of pressure on my right hip/pelvic bone. So I don't know if that's why I've been so uncomfortable? I also wonder if that has been the cause of my hip/groin pain to be a lot worse than it has been? I'm not really sure. But for whatever reason my hip/groin has been hurting a lot worse. I'm sure packing and moving boxes didn't really help with that either. I've also been feeling nauseous more often and my heartburn/indigestion thing in the evenings has been worse. My right foot randomly swelled for a couple days around 35 and a half weeks but I think it's gone back done. So that's nice that I haven't really had any swelling. I just hope I start feeling better because my life is really going to suck if this is how it is for the next month. Also I had been getting over the cough and sore throat from being sick a month ago and it seems to have relapsed and now it's back again. So I have a sore throat most of the day and my cough has gotten bad again along with congestion. Ida's has seemed to return again as well so we are both having fun with that.

Have you started to show yet? I'm back to feeling normal big. haha I don't have a picture to compare to see how much bigger I am this time around because I've just been so busy that I haven't been good at taking pictures. But I'm pretty positive that I am bigger this time around.

Gender prediction: Scott has decided he thinks we are having a boy. I had a dream the other night that it was a girl. I'm just getting really excited to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment