So I have been convinced to get the flu shot for the rest of my pregnancies.... Around 32 weeks I ended up getting the flu and let me tell you. I think it was the worst I have ever felt in my whole life. I am so grateful for all of those who helped me out during this time because I was pretty much out for a full week. It was really bad timing as well because Scott was leaving on his first field outing for work and was going to be gone for 12 days. He was there for the first couple days of it though and did an awesome job taking over my mom duties. After he left his parents watched the kids for 5 days and it was seriously a life saver. And on top of all my sickness Ida ended up getting tonsillitis and Lorna and Craig pretty much took care of all of her stuff. I was hardly functioning enough to take care of myself then take care of Jacob and Ida on top of it. And it might not have lasted as long but on the 4th day of the flu I ended up getting a sinus infection on top of it and it put me out all over again. I could hardly even open my eyes. And the whole left side of my face hurt so bad. I also felt like I was drugging my baby because I as taking tylenol around the clock as well as tamiflu, antibiotic and cough drops for my sore throat and cough. Again, I have never felt so awful in my whole life and I felt like it would never go away. And because I was pregnant I couldn't get comfortable either. I couldn't lay on my sides because it hurt my hips/groin too much or my back cuz I'd get light headed and nauseous and the bean bag was just making my back hurt for some reason. It was the worst. Thankfully I am mostly recovered now and just suffering from congestion, sore throat and cough now. Again. Thank you, thank you to all those who helped out at this time. It was very much needed and appreciated.
Date: April 13, 2016
How far along? 34 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: So I'm still only up 24 pounds. Something about getting sick back to back has really slowed down my weight gain. So I guess there is one positive for all the sickness. (Although I think I would have just rather gained the weight.)
Maternity clothes? I finally bought myself a maternity swimming suit and I think it's really cute! I'm pretty sure I've ruined my regular one already from wearing it to my water aerobics class and stretching it out.
Sleep: I have been sleeping really good. I still wake up a couple times a night for no reason and some times to pee but that's pretty normal I think. I still feel tired all the time.
Movement: I think this baby moves more than Jacob and Ida combined. I'm also pretty sure this baby is never going to sleep. So hurray for us! But I think I felt hiccups around 32 weeks for the first time. They don't happen very often though. I've maybe felt them a couple times since then. Also... My midwife and I discovered baby is heads up as of right now. But... I'm not that worried about it this time around. This baby just moves so much that I'm sure it does 8 summer-salts in any given day. I think I should be more worried it's all tangled up in the umbilical cord!
Feeling sick? Sometimes at night I randomly start feeling really nauseous. It's weird and I don't know what causes it. It so random and doesn't happen very often.
Other pregnancy symptoms? So these past few weeks I've actually felt really good. Just the occasional heartburn and braxton hicks. Around 32 weeks I probably started waddling bad. Sometimes worse than others depending on how much pain I'm in and how many braxton hicks I'm having. But my groin/hip thing has felt really good lately and all around I am feeling really good.
Have you started to show yet?I am feeling huge again. It seems I just go back and forth between feeling normal big to huge big.
Gender prediction: I am getting so impatient to find out the gender of this baby! We are getting so close! Only 6 weeks to go. Which is crazy.... But I feel like the closer I get to having the baby the less I feel like it's one gender or the other.
No comments:
Post a Comment