This pretty little lady is 1!!
 |
| Newborn |
 |
| 1 Month |
 |
| 2 Month |
 |
| 3 Month |
 |
| 4 Month |
 |
| 5 Month |
 |
| 6 Month |
 |
| 7 Month |
 |
| 8 Month |
 |
| 9 Month |
 |
| 10 Month |
 |
| 11 Month |
 |
| 1 Year! |
We had a great birthday party! We got Ida balloons and she loved them! She spent the day grabbing as many of the strings as she could then she would just carry them around the house everywhere she went.
I did a ladybug theme and I think the cake turned out pretty cute! I like to try and design the cake so when you look at it as a whole the cake all fits together but then has a removable item, (in this case the ladybug) that you remove for the cake smash!
Ida enjoyed opening all her presents. When she got this little doll she immediately kissed it. It was so cute!
Ida didn't really dig right into her cake and make a mess. She definitely enjoyed eating the cake. And ate A LOT of it. But kept fairly clean in the process. :)


All in all we had a great birthday! Thank you to all that came! Ida is still just a tiny little thing. At her 1 year appointment she was 16 lbs and 27 inches tall. Which means in her first year she gained 8 lbs 13 oz and grew 6 3/4 inches. She is still in size 2 diapers. (Probably will be for awhile) Wearing 6-9 month clothes. (Which I just switched out like a week ago) And size 2 shoes. The problem we are having with Ida's shoes right now is finding shoes that aren't too big around on her foot. Length wise they fit her but they are huge everywhere else. Ida's hair still hasn't grown much. :( Makes me sad because I just want pig tails! It is growing some but it is still so fine and baby hair like that you can't do anything with it... Someday... She does surprisingly still keep headbands in pretty well though! Which has made me happy. As long as you distract her right after putting it in she usually leaves it alone. Her eyes look like they may be blue... But they still have a lot of grey in them and a kind of light brown around the iris. So I'm not sure. I'd like if she had blue eyes like her daddy and dark brown hair!

This past month with Ida has been so fun watching her personality really start to bloom. Her favorite thing to do right now when she wants something is to point and say "eh, eh, eh" over and over until she has it. Also Jacob and Ida have been interacting so much more! Jacob actually seeks Ida out to try to play with her and Ida doesn't just scream every time he comes close to her. She still does if she isn't in a very good mood. But I've actually caught them a few times playing and Jacob is actually making her laugh. It's the cutest thing and I love it! I love when they play together and it's happening more and more every day! This little girl has quite the personality. She is seriously the biggest goof ball and LOVES making people laugh! She has also started getting into a lot more things... Like dog food...

Ida started walking about a week and a half before she turned one. She still falls a lot! And crawling is still faster. But she is getting pretty good! She has wanted to for so long and finally the ability has caught up with her desire! Which means my prediction came true. If only by 3 weeks it still came true. I had predicted that Ida would start crawling after Jacob did but would walk before he did.
Ida has fallen down the stairs more this past month then when she was actually learned how to go down the stairs! She's seriously fallen down them like 4 or 5 times! I think her problem is she's getting to comfortable on them and starts doing things she shouldn't and then falls. She really likes to climb up a few steps just turn around, sit and play. Hence the reason she may keep falling.
Ida is a great eater and I hope it always continues! It's so much nicer to deal with a baby that eats almost everything vs a baby that eats almost nothing! She hasn't really picked up signing yet. She will do all done. Most of the time only if prompted. I'm sure she will catch on soon though! She does nod and shake her head. And it's the cutest because when she nods she doesn't just nod her head. She nods with her whole body!

Sleeping on the other hand.... Not been so great. For the past few weeks Ida has become a terrible sleeper. Ok... Maybe not so much sleeper. But going to sleeper. For some reason if I just lay her down and then leave the room she just screams and screams and screams. She just will not settle down. And believe me. I've tried to just let her cry it out. But this little girl is not the cry it out type. Most like I'll just scream louder and longer type. The only way I can get her to go to sleep is if I stand or sit by the crib until she falls asleep. Which sometimes isn't terrible when it takes her like 3 minutes to fall asleep. But gets really annoying when it takes like 30 minutes to fall asleep. The whole time I stand there waiting this internal battle is going on in my head saying, "This is the worst habit ever I need to stop." and "It's ok, it's just a phase... It's just a phase..." Just recently it has seemed to be getting a little better. She will fall asleep on her own every once in while. Usually when it's going to bed. But I hope it ends soon! Good thing she is a little cutie and we wouldn't trade her in for anything! :) Love you Ida! Happy Birthday!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment