Wednesday, March 9, 2016

29 Weeks

I went in for 28 week appointment today and did the glucose test. I was a little worries because the families been suffering from the stomach bug and I still feel like I'm getting over it and my stomach is still feeling kind of sensitive. So I didn't know how well drinking a 50 g container of sugar water would react. Thankfully it upset my stomach very slightly but not too bad. I passed my glucose test again with flying colors and got an 88. They want you to be under 140 so I think I'm good. I was measuring a week big today at 30 cm. Hopefully this doesn't mean we are having another Jacob sized baby....

Chiropractor update:  So for this past month I've been going to see the chiropractor twice at first and then once a week for the past couple weeks.... I was feeling pretty discouraged because I was really hoping going would make it so I could live my active lifestyle without being in so much pain. It turns out that will not be so... After going for a month and only seeing little progress Dr. Bench told me the best solution for my problem would be to do no physical activities. Basically. The more physical activity I do, the more pain I will be in. The less physical activities I do the less pain I'll be in. I'm not terribly disappointed because I didn't have much hope that the chiropractor would fix it in the first place. I already knew if I didn't do anything it hurt less. I just really wanted to be able to do a regular workout program. Or go hiking. Or go for a walk without being miserable for 4 days after.

Date: March 9, 2016

How far along? 29 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: I am up 24 pounds. So that's not bad! I only gained 1 pound a week for the past 5 weeks!

Maternity clothes? Gotta love maternity clothes..... Whoever invented maternity pants was a genius. But that doesn't mean I like them....

Sleep: I have actually been sleeping really well the past few weeks. I don't feel like I wake up 30 times a night.

Movement: Holy cow does this baby move.... In fact... I'm wondering if it ever stops moving.... This has been my most active baby for sure. If I am not moving, it is. I pretty much feel it all day long. And honestly, sometimes I get so tired of it. I just want to sit and relax and not be constantly jabbed in the belly! Also, I'm pretty sure it's trying to escape my belly... thru my belly. Like a vampire child. The only time it's really bad is when I'm not feeling well. Cuz that just tends to make me feel a lot worse.

Feeling sick? Not sick and I love it!!!! Whoop, whoop!

Other pregnancy symptoms? Honestly from 24 to 28 weeks I actually felt pretty good! I felt like I finally got a taste of that second trimester bliss for a month. My groin/hip pain, although not pain free, does feel a lot better then it did and I do think the chiropractor is helping it feel better. Even in the evenings I have felt pretty good with no indigestion, gas and heartburn. Just the occasional heartburn. Those pesky braxton hicks started a week ago which I could have done without a bit longer.... But that's a lot later than with my other pregnancies. I think I started getting them around 24 with the others. I feel like one of the most challenging aspects of this pregnancy has been my emotional state. I feel like an emotional roller coaster. I randomly get in these hormonal lows were I just feel so unhappy and I'm crying all the time. Everything sets me off. It's really hard to deal with the kids. It's feels like Scott can't do anything right. And I don't know how many of the negative thoughts going through my head are valid. So I don't feel like I should talk about them because I don't know if I'm still going to feel the same way when I'm out of the hormonal low. But at the same time. I don't know how long the low is going to last so I just constantly have really negative thoughts going through my head all day long and I just seem to get more and more angry. It's really been a struggle for me.

Have you started to show yet? I am carrying this baby on my right side. Which is opposite from where I carried Ida. I felt like Ida lived in the left half of my uterus and this baby lives in the right. At least they are evening out the use of my uterus... Baby is heads down though (yay!!!) with it back against my right side and kicking me all over my center/right side.

Gender prediction: So I thought it would be fun to do one of the little gender prediction things so I peed in some baking powder and according to that..... It's a boy!!!! The only problem is.... My little sister, Ondrea, who is not pregnant, is also having a boy.... She was the control group and got the same results as me. So I really don't know how accurate this little gender prediction thingy is.... I guess we'll see!


No comments:

Post a Comment