Tuesday, August 4, 2015

5 Months





We are truly loving this little girl! She is now 12 pounds 14 ounces and 24 1/2 inches tall. Currently she is looking like she might have blue eyes and brown hair. Which would be a perfect combination! And is still wearing 3 month clothes and size 1 diapers, although when we buy her diapers again we will buy size 2. Also we will probably be getting the 3-6 month clothes out very soon.


I think this age is such a fun stage! Ida is learning and becoming more aware every day. She loves to sit and watch Jacob, Cricket, Scott or I do anything. She is rolling over from her back to her tummy (though not very often....) and sitting. She loves sitting!
She started about a week ago and now that's all she wants to do. She will still fall over occasionally but it getting very good at catching herself from falling. Her biggest problem right now when she is sitting is she sees her toes and thinks they have to go in her mouth which most of the time makes her face plant. She is really the most content baby though. She makes taking care of her super easy. She was a little stealthy roller overer. She probably did it 6-8 times before I actually saw her do it. And today is the first time I caught it on camera. She still doesn't roll over that often. I feel she completely has the ability she just completely lacks to motivation. She just is so content to just stay where she is.


Ida still loves her play mat but more and more loves being in the walker or jumper so she is standing. She also loves sucking on her toes. They are in her mouth a good part of the day. I also finally got her to laugh! YAY! When she gets tired she starts to rub her eyes which became a problem because every time she did it she would scratch her face off so I started putting the little mittens on her again. Ida also loves her wub and is getting really good at putting the pacifier in her mouth by herself.
She also likes to chew and sometimes lick her fingers. Some fun sounds and things she's started doing is fake cough, make a kissing sound and suck on her bottom lip. She also seems to like touching peoples faces and looking at herself in the mirror. It's kind of funny because when she is trying to grab onto things she sometimes struggles because she wont extend her thumbs out. She holds them in like she's always doing the number 4 with her fingers. I think this comes from always holding her thumbs when she has her hand clenched. She is getting better at moving them out of the way. I think we are going to have to be more careful with Ida about stuff on the floor because everything goes to her mouth! Anything you give her just goes to the mouth. 

Ida had a couple firsts this past month. We took her on her first hike up to the Lower Palisades Lake and she did great! She actually slept the majority of the time.


We also took her swimming for the first time which she loved! I was a little worried because she hasn't seemed to be a huge fan of baths but she really liked swimming. Getting splashed in the face and all! She also seems to enjoy baths more now that she is sitting up.







We went through a rough period with nursing this past month that lasted about a week. First my milk supply hadn't caught up yet and so she always wanted more milk when I was completely empty which was so sad to me because I hated her crying whenever we would get done feeding.
And second she decided to be very impatient for my milk to let down and wouldn't ever stay latched on long enough for it to let down which would make me stressed and it all went down hill from there. I'm thankful this only lasted about a week before she realized what she was doing was only making it worse. One time it took 40 mins to let down with her screaming and screaming and getting so angry because the milk wouldn't come and me getting more and more stressed because the milk wouldn't come. Like I said. I'm glad it only lasted a week. Now she is back to being patient and both of us are much happier. I'm currently nursing every 2-4 hours and have started giving her a couple ounces of formula mixed with oatmeal cereal out of the feeder before bed. When I'm nursing Ida she has started playing with her ears which I find super cute! She just scratches at them.... Or her eye... But mostly her ears. I love it so much!

Sleeping has also been some what of a challenge this month. I feel like she is so irregular. She never has the same pattern two days in a row and she was getting to the point of waking up like 8 times a night.
Not just to eat, but just to wake up and I'd have to go in and put the pacifier back in her month. It was, and still has been, exhausting! But I hope giving her cereal at night will help her sleep longer and I really started paying attention to her 90 min cycle to see if I could get things back on track. So far she seem to be sleeping better at night and not waking up so many times. She is currently going to bed anywhere from 8 to 10:30 pm and waking between 8 and 9. She eats 2-4 times a night and is taking 2-4 naps a day. Like I said.... All over the place. But hopefully this is just a phase and we'll get back to sleeping well soon. We are still swaddling Ida but she usually gets her left arm out fairly quickly and by the time we go get her when she wakes up she has broken out of it completely. I still think it helps her sleep and she doesn't seem to mind it so we will probably keep doing it until she gets better at rolling over.

My two cute naked babies :)



No comments:

Post a Comment