Sunday, March 1, 2015

Jacob Update

So I've been really meaning to write an update post on Jacob for awhile now. Like since 18 months... He is now 21 months and I just can not believe how much he has changed since he turned 1. Looking back at his 1 year old pictures he just looks so small and baby like. Now my baby has turned into an adorable little boy.

Sometimes I just look back at pictures and video's of him and it just makes me smile and laugh and makes me so happy. I mean, how can he seriously get any cuter than he already is!




I love his personality. He is so easy going and loves adventure. I feel like sometimes he's too easy going and all the other kids push him around a little because he just doesn't care. When he's in nursery or playing with other kids his age, kids will just come up to him and take his toy away and it's like he doesn't give a care in the world. He just finds something else to play with. Every once in awhile he'll stick up for himself and wont let them take it and I think, "Good job Jacob! Way to stick up for yourself." But at the same time I love that he doesn't care. He is also not shy at all and has no stranger danger. That part is a little worrisome. When we go to a park or a store he couldn't care less if he can see us, or if we are there at all. He just takes off and doesn't look back. Which means we have to keep a very close eye on him. There are only a handful of times I can think of that he showed any concern that he didn't know where we were. But he didn't freak out. You can just see a little concern in his eyes. One of these times was when we were hiking down in Canyon Lands. We had let him get down on the trail and walk himself and he got distracted. So we sat and waiting for awhile but then said it was time to go so Scott and I took off down the trail a bit then hid in some bushes to watch him. After awhile he looked up from what he was doing and noticed we weren't there. So he starts walking down the trail yelling, "Mom, mom, mom!" over and over again. We could tell he was concerned he didn't know where we were but he was in no way freaking out.







 Jacob loves to "cook". Or watch cooking. Whenever there is someone, anyone, in the kitchen cooking he has to be in the kitchen cooking with them. He just loves for you to hold him so he can observe what you are doing. He doesn't hardly ever reach or interfere with what your doing. He just wants to watch you do it. We just recently got him his own kitchen set and he LOVES it! He sits and "cooks" with it for hours. All by himself just moving the pots and pans around. Putting the in the microwave. Washing his hands. Washing the dishes. He just loves it all.


Jacob also loves getting into kitchen cupboards or drawers and rearranging them for you. We have locks on our own but whenever we go anywhere that doesn't have locks that's like the first place he goes.


Although Jacob loves cooking he doesn't like eating the food he cooks. He is a very picky eater and has the worst eating habits of both Scott and I. From me he gets being picky in general. And from Scott he wants variety. So I can't feed him the same food over and over. It is very frustrating trying to find him anything that he will eat. Meal times are a pain. I've recently started offering him food that he normally likes. And if he wont eat it I just let him not eat. I figure he will eat when he is hungry.





Right now Jacob is an a "If I don't get what I want I'm going to throw a fit" stage. It can be very tiresome but funny at the same time. When he starts throwing these fits he literally does a belly flop on the floor. Straight from standing to belly. It can not feel good. But that's how he likes to get them started. He then proceeds to roll or kick or belly flop again. Like I said. It is funny to watch, but can get emotionally tiresome when delt with all day long. I'm glad stuff like this are just phases and it's not how it's going to be forever.



Another on of Jacob's loves is babies. Oh he LOVES babies so much! He wants to be with them, play with them, help take care of them, snuggle with them. It makes me excited for the new addition we are going to be adding very soon. Although I think it will be a struggle because he is going to want to be a little too helpful, I'm so excited to just see his interaction with her. I'm not worried so much that he is going to be in any way jealous of the baby. I think he will be thrilled we have one in our house. I do think he is going to go through a clingy stage with me because he wont be getting as much attention from me. But the baby he will just love.

Jacob with cousin Hampton
Jacob isn't really talking much yet. He has started to say a few words. It started about a month ago when Hunter and Melanie were up visiting. I feel like Hunter talks pretty well and I think just being around him Jacob decided he wanted to try to start talking. So he does talk a little and he still signs the words he knows. A couple of his favorite words are milk, cookie, cooking. He is going through a stage right now where he calls Scott, Scott, instead of Dad. So that's pretty funny.

Taught from Dad...



We switched Jacob over to a toddler bed at 18 months. He had started climbing out of his crib a few weeks before that so I figured why not switch him over to the bed. I feel like he transitioned very well. The first time I lay him down for a nap he was very very confused and looked at me like, "What are you doing? My crib is over there." But he stayed in his bed and didn't move a muscle the whole nap. We've had the normal problems of keeping him in bed and once he started opening the door we had to put a child safety nob on it but all in all he has done very well and sleeps just as well in the toddler bed as he did in his crib. Nap times have been a little crazy. He's to the point where most days he only takes one nap but some days he still needs two. We also discovered from trial and error that it's his morning nap that he still needs. Not his afternoon nap. At first we took away the morning nap and he was ALWAYS grouchy. Now he takes his morning nap around 10 and 11 am and sleeps for an hour in a half to three hours then he is good for the rest of the day.


I love watching Jacob learn and grow everyday. It's fun to see the amazing changes that take place almost daily! I love this kid so much and can't get over his cuteness!



1 comment:

  1. No way! He has changed so much! I guess when you see him often it's harder to tell! He is so smart and fun. I love all the adventures you guys have taken him on already :) How fun!

    ReplyDelete