This little girl is perfect and I love her so much! I am very happy to say that I have not experienced any postpartum depression like I did with Jacob and I am so so very grateful. I have been able to thoroughly enjoy that newborn stage that I have always loved with her. I love sitting and holding her and watching her facial expressions.
Ida's name comes from relatives on both Scott and I's side. Originally we were looking at names to look for potential middle names. But when we saw Ida we kind of liked it as a first name. So in the end we ended up using relatives names for both her first and second name. :) Here are a couple pictures that show where the names came from.
It has been so fun to watch Jacob with Ida. He loves her so much and constantly wants to hold her and kiss her and hug her. Jacob has transitioned to having another addition to the family very well. I think the only changes have been he throws fits just a little bit more (I think from the change in attention he is getting) and he always wants milk (I think this is his security to deal with the changes). Other than these two things he has done very well. He is patient when I am taking care of Ida and will wait until I am done to help him (95% of the time anyways). I just love watching them and I love how much Jacob likes Ida. It will be so fun to watch them grow together.


















They couldn't be any cuter together.... He was so ready to be a big brother! Ida is such a gorgeous baby and I am so happy that everything is perfect this time. :)
ReplyDeleteAdorable! So happy about your birth experience!! Love from afar!!!
ReplyDelete