Thursday, May 1, 2014

11 Months








 I can't believe my little boy is going to be 1 in a month! This year has gone by so fast... But he is back to being his perfect little happy self again which means I'm back to loving being a mom! I've decided Jacob goes through insecurity fazes where he just wants to be held all the time and isn't content and just grouchy. This last one started at 9 months and lasted for about 6 weeks. This exact same thing happened when Jacob was 2 months old and lasted for the same amount of time. So I don't know exactly what causes them, but I know that they will end, and I will get my happy baby back.

Jacob is now 18 lbs 12 oz which means he has finally, officially doubled he birth weight! YAY! He has also been growing a lot and is 28 1/2" tall. I feel like Jacob's personality is really starting to show. He is such a people person, and even though he doesn't always want to go to someone, he hardly ever cries if someone he doesn't know holds him and he smiles at EVERYONE. I also feel like he is a problem solver. We got him a new little

tykes play set to climb on and no matter how many times he's lost his balance or gets in tricky situations he has never fallen. He always figures out a way to get out of it. I think it helps that he has terrific balance and such a strong core as well. I also feel like he is a fast learner (which probably all babies are, haha). We have started doing just the very basics of sign language with him. And haven't even really been that consistent with it, but he has already started figuring out what more means and signing it on his own. He is also starting to figure out all done and has signed it a few times. Although he isn't starting to talk at all I do think he is starting to understand more words. And he did say his first word about a week ago, "ball".

Jacob took his first steps a few days before turning 11 months old and will take a couple steps walking back and forth between me and Scott. He might be walking by a year old afterall! I really just thought he'd be walking by now.... He starting crawling so early that I thought for sure by 10 months at the latest he'd be walking. But he just likes crawling. He just doesn't see any benefits to walking. In his eyes walking is slow, and crawling is fast.
Jacob has gotten 4 teeth this past month which brings his total to 5. He also discovered he has holes in his ears and likes to stick his fingers in them and plays with his ears all the time. He has also taken to monkey crawling if he is crawling on hard surfaces or transitioning from one floor surface type to another. I think it's the cutest thing.

I feel like Jacob is starting to also pick up on everyday patterns. Like if I'm getting him dressed if I'm putting his shirt on he'll automatically just hold up his arm for me to put thru the hole then when that's done he'll hold up the other one. And when I'm putting on his socks he'll hold out his foot for me to put it on, then hold out the other one. I think it's so cute. He also knows the first thing we do when we come down the stairs in the morning is open the blinds.

Jacob's eating has gone from bad to worse. I really just don't know what to do about it. He has now stopped eating all veggies. Pureed or not. And will eat pancakes, rolls and fruit... He is still nursing 4-5 times a day so at least we have that going for us. On a positive note, as of about a week ago I'm pretty sure Jacob has starting sleeping though the night! YAY! He went about 5 days sleeping through the night in a row. Then he got sick with Roseola and that kind of threw things off a bit. But I hope he will go back to sleeping through the night when he is over being sick... I guess we'll have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment