Well.. This past month has not been the most
enjoyable month of Jacob's life. I think the two main contributors to
this are A) Teething, and B) Going from being the world's greatest eater
to the worlds pickiest eater within a two day span. Back to those later
though.
Jacob is now 2 months from being a year old! I just think it's
crazy... I can't believe how fast time has gone by and how much Jacob
has grown and developed. Jacob is now 18 lbs 3 oz. Still hasn't quite
doubled his birth weight yet, but will for sure by next month. I didn't
get Jacob's height this month but his 6-9 month clothes are starting to
get a little small so I know he's got to be growing a little.
scrunchy face you've ever seen! He now started scrunching up his face if you try to feed him something he doesn't want to eat. I love it :) He will also wave good-bye occasionally. It's really cute when he does
but he doesn't do it very often. When you wave at him he just stares at
you like what are you doing. Then when you stop waving he will sometimes
return it. But it's kind of funny because he wont do it while your
doing it.
We also taught him how to throw a ball. This kid just loves
balls of all kinds and sizes. If it's big he wants to kick it, if it's
small he wants to throw it. We hope now that he throws the ball Cricket
will play fetch with him! But that much take some more training and
treats on Cricket's part.
We got to experience Jacob's first stomach bug this last month
as well. Now I do not do well with throw-up. But I feel I did pretty
good with Jacob's. And I feel like we got the WHOLE experience just from
him being sick once. It all started when Scott went to check on him
before we went to bed and discovered him sleeping in a pile of throw up.
Covered head to foot. Poor thing, he didn't even cry. Just threw up,
then went back to sleep. So we got to wake him up, undress him, give him
a bath, strip his bedding, get new bedding all around midnight.
Thankfully he went back to sleep quickly. Not before throwing up a few
more times. Once on me and the other in his bed again... The next
morning I get to practice my catching throw up in my hand skills. And I
have to say I didn't do to bad.... Now thankfully this only lasted about
12 hours then he was done throwing up. Unfortunately, Jacob will now
not eat anything! Meal times are a nightmare where Jacob is screaming![]() |
| Green pancakes! |
the whole time and by the end I'm just so frustrated I never want to
feed him again. And he was such a good eater before! He would eat anything
we put in front of him. So that has taken some time to get used to. I
still offer him a variety of food every day, but he will only eat like
2% of what I offer him. Thankfully he will still eat his pureed veggies
and fruits. Only if they are pureed. And he will eat pancakes and
spaghetti. That pretty much sums it up. And we are still nursing 4-5
times a day. But I think I can officially say that meal times are by far my least favorite time of day... Good thing he's so cute to make up for it.... One thing I can say that is a bonus. Jacob will not spit out his food. If he tries something he doesn't like then he just wont take anymore if you try to offer it to him. But he won't spit it out. Now he's starting to realize if he doesn't open his mouth then he doesn't have to try to new foods either. So that's kind of a pain. Especially if it's something I'm pretty sure he'll like. I just have to force it into his mouth.
Jacob loves anything he can climb on. His walker is now one of
his favorites. One day Scott noticed that he had pushed it up to the
piano, and then climbed up on it so he could play it. It was pretty
funny. Still no walking though. I thought with how quickly he was
learning everything else that he would for sure be walking by now. But
it seems the desire how left him because he can get anywhere he wants
and climb on anything he can by just crawling around. And he's a pretty
fast crawler. He is starting to get better at standing though and will
sometimes stand up just so he can clap
![]() | |
| Can't get enough of these cute jeans and the Boy wearing them! |
or something like that. Jacob
also loves playing pick-a-boo with a blanket. Especially if he's locked
in his car seat. He'll pull the blanket over his head and uncover it all
on his own. It's pretty cute.
I think I can officially say Jacob is only waking up once a night! YAY!!!! I've always felt like Jacob was a good sleeper. I think if it weren't for his adaptability to change so easily it would be hard to do all the things Scott and I enjoy doing with him. If he couldn't handle his schedule changing all the time then it would be a lot harder to get out and do the things we love. Jacob is taking two naps a day that total between the two of them about 3 hours. He goes to bed around 8 and wakes up around 8.













No comments:
Post a Comment