Saturday, October 26, 2013

Teton Girls State Soccer

This year we got to go to Boise, ID for Girls State Soccer. My little sister's Shelyn and Ondrea play for the Teton High girls soccer team and they ended up getting second place in their district which meant this year (because they were taking two teams to state) they got to go to the state soccer tournament!

It was really exciting because my sister Katrina and her 3 kids were going to be able to meet us in Boise to watch the games and we were able to turn the weekend into a mini partial family vacation! So my mom, dad, sister Clarissa, sister-in-law Crystal, sister Katrina and her 3 kids, Scotty, Jacob and I all headed to Boise to watch the games. Clarissa was able to get us some sweet deals on hotel rooms which was really nice!

Teton girls played really well but unfortunately were not able to pull off any wins and were out after their first two games. But on the positive side that meant that Shelyn and Ondrea got to come party with us! We spent the weekend watching soccer games, swimming at the hotel, going to the movies, more swimming at the hotel, going to a cool little park the forest service set up in Boise.... oh ya.... and did I mention swimming at the hotel. :) Benson and Myer love to swim! So that is what we spent the majoring of our time doing. And it was actually very enjoyable because the pool was heated so you didn't feel like you were jumping into a ice berg infested swimming pool. I was also excited because this meant I could take Jacob swimming! I was sad because I didn't get any pictures of him swimming... But I think he had a good time. He definitely got a lot of swimming time in whether he liked it or not. He learned how to splash the water while swimming and now our bath times are filled with lots of splashing and a floor full of water when we're done. :) Jacob also spent his first night in a hotel on this trip as well as had his first ride in an elevator! 
The Forest Service Park we went to was pretty cool. It had lot of fish and underwater glass you could look through to see them, as well as the bottom of the lake. 








Sunday morning before heading home, Scott and I decided to take a detour up to Garden Valley to visit our friends the Waltmans. It was really good to see them. It's been a couple years since we've been up there. We would have loved to visit with Sue as well, but unfortunately she was out of town. We had a little bit of car overheating issues on our way to Garden Valley and were very grateful they didn't continue and we were able to make it back to Idaho Falls. 
I didn't end up getting very many pictures... But oh well....

No comments:

Post a Comment