Thursday, March 14, 2013

28 Weeks!

Well I'm almost to the 3 quarter mark and now into my last and final trimester! YAY! Time to start really prepping for that labor and delivery.... This week at my appointment I got to take the good old sugar test. I think that I had heard so many bad things about how bad it was and how bad the sugar drink tasted that I expected it to be a lot worse then it actually was. I didn't think the drink was all that bad. Nice and orange flavored. And I was very excited to find out I didn't have gestational diabetes! (Because then I'd have to give up my sour patch kids, and I really didn't want to do that) I did however discover that I am slightly anemic. Your red cell blood count is supposed to be between 11-16 and mine was a 9.9. I'll take it, I am now going to start taking iron supplements. We also got to hear Baby Bergy's heartbeat! The first time Scott has got to hear it, and my belly is measuring in at 29 cm. So everything is looking great and I have now started having Prenatal Visits every two weeks. Scott and I took a tour of the hospital we'll be delivering at and I think that was really fun! I think it made us both feel a little better about everything. It even made me feel excited to have a baby!

 March 9, 2013, 28 Weeks

Mommy Update:                                                           
  • heartburn - check
  • swollen ankles - check
  • uncomfortable - check
  • nauseous - check
  • 27 weeks
  • No sleep - check
    28 weeks
How have I enjoyed pregnancy you ask? Well about 3 weeks ago me and pregnancy started not being very good friends. I was tired of it! I think a big part of it had to do with my bad attitude and being selfish. I felt like everyone around me was doing things that I couldn't and I was starting to feel really left out. I felt like I couldn't do any of the activities that I enjoy doing. Everyone was planning trips, going rock climbing, starting training programs for races they'll be doing the summer. I was walking, and I thought to myself, is this my new life? While everyone is going out having fun I'll be stuck at home? Not only that but I was tired of pregnancy symptoms. Never feeling normal. Always something, heartburn, uncomfortable, nausea or all three. Yes, I was in a dark place and cried A LOT! I didn't feel life was fair and I didn't want to be the only one sacrificing. Luckily... After a couple weeks of this, I was able to change my attitude around with the help of some good friends and general conference talks. I started exercising more and eating healthier. I can now say that for the past weeks or so I have been enjoyed life much much more! Ya maybe I can't do all the things I'd like to right now. But it will end and then I will be able to go back to doing the things I love. And not only that I'll have a cute little bundle of joy to do them with! My life doesn't have to change completely because we are adding another addition to the family. We have a ton of fun things planned for this summer that include all three of us and I'm really excited for it! I have also starting going to Prenatal Yoga and Water Aerobics classes! I think they are a blast! It's so fun to be with the other ladies and get to complain about everything and have people who understand! Not only that.. But I'd have to say that I'm looking pretty dang cute with my baby belly! ;)

Daddy Update:

Scott is also preparing for Baby Bergy to come. :) He has taken it upon himself to make sure we have ALL the OUTDOOR gear we'll need to keep up with our outdoor lifestyle! Including a new 6 man tent!

Now this thing is huge! we will easily be able to fit our air mattress, pack-n-play and all of babies supplies in it. It will definitely be nice. Also included in future outdoor gear Scott wants to get, a backpack baby carrier and a small rock climbing harness. :) Yes... Our children will know how to have adventures! Scott is so cute with Baby Bergy. Sometimes he will bend over my stomach so his mouth is really close and talk to him. I think it is the cutest thing and I love it! I don't think it has really set in yet for him that we will be having a baby. But I guess when everything feels so surreal that's pretty normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment