Saturday, February 9, 2013

Ultrasound #2

Can I just say WOW... To technology.... I am so completely impressed with how it has advanced in such a short period of time.

We went in for our followup ultrasound at 24 weeks to check little Baby Bergy's growth. I was a little disappointed at first because they didn't take me to do the ultrasound right away like they did last time so I thought they had decided not to do it or something. But later on they came and got me and said sorry for forgetting about it! Well my little guy is just as cute as ever! The ultrasound technician said that it was a really slow day and I think they were kind of bored because right off the bat they just started messing around and taking photo after photo after photo. Then she decides to do 3D just because she could. And wow...



I still can't even explain it. I don't know what it was about seeing my little guy in 3D but my heart melted. I fell instantly in love with him right on the spot! It was so amazing to see him. Just like a picture! And I must say.... At 24 weeks 3 days he is already looking pretty handsome! So the tech proceeded to take pictures of him in 3D.... Then back to 2D for more pictures. The ultrasound technician said that my midwife was probably starting to wonder why we were taking so long! haha It was so fun though. She said I'll have to come back on another slow day so we can play around some more! If it wasn't so expensive to do I'd do it everyday! I'm just so happy!

And more pics just cuz he is sooooo cute!




Baby Bergy is doing perfect! He is still measuring 2 weeks big but he is growing at a normal rate. He has moved down into a normal percentile range. He is now in the 82nd percentile instead of the 90th percentile. But they told me he has a big head! (Dang that Bergendorf side) Which is completely normal for Bergendorf babies unfortunately for me... He is weighing in at 1 lb 14 oz! They aren't going to move my due date up but they are going to keep an eye on his size. If I'm still measuring big around 36 weeks then they will do another ultrasound to check on everything. I'm just hoping he either comes 2 weeks early, or stops growing so fast so that I don't have a 10 lbs baby! I'll take him either way though. :) One of Baby Bergy's favorite things to do right now is use my bladder as a trampoline! He thinks its great fun! I on the other hand... Not so much.

It's getting harder and harder to stay focused at work. I just want to be looking, doing or making baby stuff all day. I have a list of baby items I want to make. Receiving blanket, burp cloths, nursing covers.... As soon as we are all finished with our unpacking and organizing in our new place I hope to be able to have time to do these things. I feel like Baby Bergy will be here before we know it and we still have so much to do to prep for him. I have made a list of things we need to buy still and the number of items is a lot higher for the items that still need purchased vs the items that have been purchased. It can be overwhelming at times. But one step at a time I hope to be able to get everything accomplished.

February 9, 2013, 24 Weeks

Mommy-to-be update:
                                                                                                        24 Weeks

I'm still sick almost everyday. Just a continuous nauseous feeling mostly in the mornings and evenings, nothing unbearable, but can get annoying. I also tend to wake up with very achy hips and back in the middle of the night on a more regular basis. I think it's mostly because we have a bad mattress. We have bought a little mattress pad to put on top and I think that has been helping. Other then that I feel pretty good most days! It's weird having my belly getting so big! It's getting harder to bend over especially when I'm wearing lots of layers! It's hard to believe this is only the beginning to a very large belly in the near future!

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures are amazing!! You look so cute!
    I totally understand the not focusing at work thing! Holy crap... baby stuff is all i think about all day and every day. And it's totally overwhelming! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete