A week before Christmas my brother Scott, his wife Crystal, my mom and of course Scott and I went on a little road trip to Portland Oregon to visit my sister Katrina, her husband Taylor and their three cute kids! We left Friday night around 10:30 pm, drove through the night switching off drivers, and arrived at the Funk house around 9:30 am Saturday morning. The trip actually went surprisingly fast. I was a little worried because I’m still suffering from some morning sickness and usually I feel the worst in the morning and at night. But the night went by and for the most part I was morning sickness free. During our few day stay we went to the Hobbit while Grandma stayed home with the kids, went to a GYNORMOUS book store and just hung out around the house and had a good time! I was a nice little vacation and it was great to get to hang out with the Funk’s for a few days! We drove back Tuesday and the trip back felt quite a bit longer then the trip there. I guess it pays to be sleeping more than half the drive.
At the Portland Temple
My sister Katrina and my cute niece Holland!
The whole gang!
With Benson, Myer (upside down) and Holland.
We had a great Christmas will all our families! It’s so nice to live so close to both families so we can split our holidays. We spent Christmas Eve with Scott’s family. We had a delicious Christmas feast then got to open some awesome presents! I got a new pair of pajamas that I LOVE and wear all the time! They are so warm and especially since it has been so cold lately they have been great! Christmas morning was spent with just Scott, Cricket and I. It’s so fun to start new traditions with just the two, and soon to be, three of us! We had a great time opening our stockings, cooking a great Christmas breakfast and opening our presents together. After that was all done we headed up to Driggs to spend a couple days with my family. It was fun to open presents with everyone and just enjoy the small vacation from life. The kids all got together and bought our parents a new dishwasher and I think it was the most used present throughout the holiday. With all the family that was up that thing ran nonstop for a week straight! It was also really nice not to spend half of our Christmas vacation doing hand dishes.
Christmas Morning!
Cricket opening her stocking
Scott opening his stocking
The mess after all the presents are opened!
Merry Christmas everyone!
I can’t believe 2012 is over… It’s amazing to look at where Scott and I were a year ago and where we are today. So much has changed and we have been so truly blessed! We have great jobs, have an awesome ward and were able to accomplish a lot of our 2012 goals! It will be fun to see what 2013 brings. With a new member of the family on the way we can expect great change! But it will be a fun new adventure to add to our new life together.
No comments:
Post a Comment