Scott and I decided we wanted to get in shape this summer so we could do all the outdoor activities we wanted without feeling like we were going to die. So what better way to get in shape then to sign up for a big race we had to train for (The RRR)! At the beginning of my training I decided I wanted to run a 5K. I have never ran in a formal race before so I was pretty excited/nervous. Scott wanted to run as well but he has been suffering from shin splints and is taking it easy for awhile.
Aunt Beth was also running the 5K
The beginning of the race
The end of the race
Mom is my inspiration to run. She ran the half marathon faster then she ran it 20 years ago when she was in high school! She did awesome!
I ended up getting 3rd in my age group! Which I thought was pretty awesome....
One step closer to my big race!
Way to go Jacquelyn!
ReplyDelete