Saturday, May 5, 2012

Bringing us up to the Present

 After arriving to Idaho Falls we moved in with Scott's parent's. This was our temporary living location while both of us looked for jobs so we could get our own place. We were only a month away from Christmas and we really really wanted to have an apartment before Christmas so we could celebrate our first Christmas together alone. Well we got lucky and I was able to find a job at a call center on the 21st of December! Cutting it a little close I know. But we were very excited and had an apartment on hold for us and were able to move in a week before Christmas. It was a very busy week getting everything moved in and Christmas decorations up along with the tree before Christmas.

 Here are some pictures of our cute new apartment! I really love it so much. The only down side is it's kind of inconvenient for visitors...
Here is the living room

The kitchen

The bedroom

The desk

and the closet, vanity and bathroom!





Christmas was very nice! It was a little weird not being with the family, but it was great to be able to start our own traditions. Christmas eve was spent with the Hansen family, then we went back to Idaho Falls so we could do our own thing Christmas morning. Then Christmas afternoon we headed over to the Bergendorf's to hang out with them. All in all it was a great Christmas.

Now for some Christmas decorations!

 The tree

 Christmas Morning! Cricket was very exited for her stocking :)

Scott was very excited as well.
 

We def splurged a little on presents for the other. But I didn't was to brag by all our cool gifts so I just posted pics of our main gifts to each other. Scott got me a kindle. Which I am really enjoying!

I got Scott a nice camera... Well, nicer then the one he had. He seems to be liking a lot more then his old camera.

Scott was able to find a job the beginning of January at a different call center as a Sony Playstation technician working on the french line, which was nice because he was able to keep up on his french speaking. By the end of January I was able to get my old job back at the Architect firm which has been awesome! and a couple months after that Scott received a job working for the State of Idaho's water resource department doing hydrology work. We are feeling very very blessed to have both found jobs in our career field and doing work we love.

Now we are just living in Idaho Falls, in a cute apartment that I love, working the jobs we love and just enjoying life.

Now for some fun adventures we've gone on!

Taking Cricket on a scooter ride!

Going shooting!

 I'm soooo cool

And there is my sexy man!

Had to make the traditional heart shaped pancakes for Valentines Day!

Scott loved them. :)

 Scott's Valentines Day present for me.

I surprised Scott with dinner at work! Scott and I had opposite schedules at this time and so this was the only time we saw each other all day. It was very tasty and Scott really was surprised.

I decided I needed a change and permed my hair! My sister was a great sport and helped me even though she was really sick. 

The finished product. Thanks Clarissa!

For Scott's birthday (Which was in January) I got him a back country skiing day pass! I know. I'm an awesome wifey :)

And of course we couldn't call it a winter without hitting up the slopes.

At the end of March Scott and I went down to Zions National Park in Southern Utah. It was the perfect time to go because it wasn't crowded and wasn't to hot! This was breakfast

 Hiking up Angel's Landing


Scott at the highest point on Angles Landing

 It was very pretty on the top but quite the intense hike.

This was in Hidden Canyon



A shoe tree

And of course we couldn't go on an adventure without geocaching! This was the result of one of our caching we went to find.

We stopped at Cove Creek Ranch Fort on our way back to Idaho from Southern Utah.

Scott got to propose to me again using a horse shoe nail ring. It was cute :)

And Rocking Climbing!!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Your life is an adventure! :) Scott got pretty lucky, he couldn't have found anyone else more perfect for him! Happy belated anniversary!

    ReplyDelete