This kid... What a little cutie! At Austin's 6 month appointment he was 15 lbs 7 oz and 26 inches tall. About the 50th percentile for both. He has been moved up to size 3 diapers and 6 month clothes. 6 month appointment meant another round of shots. :( Austin doesn't do the best with shots and they always make him a little cranky for a few days.
This past month has been so enjoyable with Austin! He has been reasonably happy and getting a lot better at self entertaining! It makes me so happy! He is also becoming quite the little mama's boy... More and more it seems he gets upset if he sees me and I'm not holding him. If he doesn't see me he is usually fine. So if he is happily playing I try my hardest to stay out of view. Austin has the biggest/best mouth open smile! I love it! He is also the most ticklish. He has been from day one. He laughs all the time from getting tickled. And I probably do it more than I should because it's cute when he laughs.
About 3 weeks ago Austin learned how to jump in the jumper. He seems to really enjoy it! I will often bring it with me in the kitchen when I am cooking and it usually keeps him pretty entertained. Another thing Austin does is throw his toys. Not on purpose I don't think.. But just as he's playing with them he throws them all just out of reach then gets mad because he doesn't have anything to play with anymore. He will also do it with his pacifier when he doesn't want it and you are trying to give it to him. Austin is really loving that he can sit up now. He really doesn't seem to like laying down for any reason. Probably because once he is laying down he can't figure out how to move his body so he can't do anything. He really just stays in one spot all the time. Doesn't roll, move backwards, move forwards or side to side. He just stays exactly where you put him. Which is nice in a way and not nice in a way because he will just get mad when he can't get something. I guess he did learn how to roll from his tummy to his back but he isn't very good at it and doesn't do it very often. About a week ago he did start pushing himself up with his arms. So maybe that will motivate him to start moving. Austin did have a first this month and that was riding an airplane for the first time!
Austin does not like baths. In fact. He seems quite terrified of them. As soon as I put him in the bath he is freaking out. He does just bathe with his older siblings because it's easier, but every time they did anything with water Austin would freak out. So the last bath I gave him I did it in the sink and after a little bit he seemed to calm down and start to enjoy it. So I'll need to stop bathing him with the older kids and let him get more comfortable with the water. He also doesn't really like being left alone. He is a people person and wants to be where the people are. He also hates when we are changing his clothes and you have to put the shirt over his head. If it takes too long he kind of starts freaking out.
About 5 days ago we had our last appointment with the Chiropractor! YAY!!! We went in to adjust him and they couldn't find anything that needed adjusted! So we are all pretty excited about that and glad that Austin's body is holding everything in the place it should be.
I think Austin really enjoys nursing. I definitely nurse more often then I nursed any of my other kids and I think it's because he wants to nurse more often then any of my other kids. We are still nursing every 1 1/2 hours to about 3 hours if he gets a long nap in. We haven't really started any solids yet because we've been really busy and I just don't like that stage. But we will probably start him in the next couple weeks. I have given him random food here and there while I'm eating, like applesauce. Or sliced apples or carrots which he seems to enjoy. I'll also give him the occasional rice husk here and there. About three weeks ago I did give him yogurt to see how he would do with dairy since I've been off dairy for about 3 months now. He seemed to do well with it but then he got sick and I wasn't able to experiment anymore with it. So I'm still not eating dairy.








No comments:
Post a Comment