Friday, December 4, 2015
9 Months
This little lady is 3/4's of a year old... It's hard to believe in just 3 short months she will be a year old. We had a doctor's appointment today and discovered that Ida has gained a whopping 3 oz in 3 months. Bringing her total weight to 13 lbs 12 oz and dropping her to the 1st percentile. Although she is still growing and is now 27 inches (15th percentile). The doctors were a little concerned that she hasn't gained a lot of weight but after passing her physical exam and telling them I'm still nursing every 3-4 hours and she practically never stops eating table food they seemed to be less concerned. Jacob dropped a lot of weight as well. He just started in a lot higher percentile. I was only 16 pounds when I turned a year doing the same thing. So we are going to do a weight check next month and I hope that she starts gaining a little more. The Doc said she looks really healthy though! I moved Ida up to 6 month clothes about a week ago. I think I probably could have held off a little bit more, but honestly. I was just ready for some new clothes! Babies aren't supposed to be in the same clothes for 6 months! They seem a little baggy on her, and long, but she'll grow into them. She is still in size 2 diapers as well.
9 months is such a fun stage. A couple weeks ago I think Ida went through a mental developmental jump. She just became so much more aware of what's going on around her. I love watching her watch the world around her. I also love when their personality starts to shine through. She is very very loud and lets you know when she isn't happy with something. Especially when pertaining to food. I feel like I have to stay on the ball and make sure I'm giving her something to eat every 3 hours or less. She just always wants to eat. She is still very content and isn't so much a busy body that has to get into everything. Although her crawling has improved much and she is now able to navigate around things and from room to room she still isn't interested in getting into things. Mostly she's interested in just getting to me. I feel like she follows me around everywhere and I'm not used to it!
Ida got her first tooth a couple days ago. I started suspecting she was teething after a week straight of me not being able to put her down and her sleeping horribly. So the day before she got the tooth I looked in her mouth and her little gums where all red and swollen and I knew that had to be it. She got her second tooth 2 days later. So now she both or bottom teeth and I hope she will start feeling better.
Ida took a long time before pulling herself up onto the furniture. I thought she would get it quick, but I'm realizing I think she needs a little extra motivation to do things. She wants to make sure she can really do it before doing it. She has been pulling herself up to her knees and sitting on her knees all month. 3 days ago I decided to see if I could get her to do it with a little incentive from food. Well it took her about 3 seconds to crawl over to the couch and pull herself all the way up without even a hesitation. Haha little stinker. She had figured out how to get herself down from standing before she even learned how to pull herself up from mom and dad standing her next to the couch so that wasn't even a problem.
Ida has started clapping her hands this past month as well as blowing. I find the blowing pretty impressive although I don't really think she knows what she is doing... One thing she hates though is people touching her hands and trying to make her do things with her hands. She has a bubble and always has. (Which is also why we can't cuddle her). I feel like she thinks Jacob gets in her bubble way more than her liking.
Finally nursing has gotten better! YAY! Man am I excited... Because that was a really rough month. We are now nursing every 3-4 hours. Although I think my milk supply has dropped a bit, I haven't really been supplementing much because a couple weeks ago Ida decided she no longer wanted to take a bottle or drink formula. (Can't blame her. It smells nasty!) That was one of the incentives I had to keep with nursing. I had almost decided to give it up and just go to formula when she stopped drinking it. So we are doing the best we can with nursing. This past month I also discovered Ida will eat purees if it's from a pouch! So my friend found some reusable ones online and I ordered some and LOVE them! It makes feeding her so easy and fast and she is getting her veggies and fruits again! I also love them because I can put my own homemade baby food in them and add cereal to them. She is still eating a lot of table food. But she loves eating out of the pouches so we do a good mixture of both. I also started giving her a sippy cup of water during meals to help wash down the food. She is really taking on to that as well and loves drinking out of it. Now if only I could get her to hold the pouches and sippy cup herself.....
This past month Ida dropped down to only waking up 2 times a night instead of 3. It was great because she dropped out the middle one which means I get the most sleep. She is so considerate. :) That is until she started teething and then was getting up like 5 times a night and refusing to go back to sleep. But, thankfully that is over and I hope she goes back to her only getting up twice a night again soon. I've realized quickly that Ida does not deal with pain and sickness nearly as well as Jacob did. You have to be a lot more hands on with her which is why the majority of her Christmas presents are for teething this year. :) She is also still taking 3 naps a day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment