![]() |
| Happy 4th of July!! |
![]() |
| Found those toes... |
At Ida's 4 month doctor appointment she was 11 lbs 12 oz and 24 inches tall (25th percentile). She weighs less then she did last month, but I'm pretty sure that's because I took it on my home scale which I'm pretty sure isn't that accurate. She also received her shots which she didn't handle very well. Well, I should say she didn't handle the aftermath of the shots very well. Not the shots themselves. She cried when they were given but as soon as I picked her up she stopped crying. Unfortunately we had to deal with a fever for the next couple days which was not very fun. Ida is currently wearing 3 month clothes except in her socks. She has big feet and it's been hard to find socks that fit her. She is pretty much wearing size 6-12 month socks.
It is fun to see Ida's personality come out more. She is definitely a very content, calm baby. She is completely fine sitting in your lap watching whatever is going on around her. Not a wiggler at all. She has decided that she likes being held but definitely not cuddled! She is in no way a cuddler. And if I am holding her, the only way I can get her to go to sleep while holding her is to let her sit in my lap facing out with her pacifier and eventually she just falls asleep. Then after she is asleep I can trasfer her into a more cuddly position. She is also a very smiley baby! She will smile at anyone and I will still often find her smiling while sitting alone playing with her toys. I love that! I also think it's cute because anytime I go to pick her up she arches her back like she's trying to get closer to me so I can pick her up faster. Ida does not like being buckled in her car seat. She is completely fine after she is bucked in but while bucking her in she hates it. It think it's because she really doesn't like her arms being man handled. She also doesn't seem especially fond of baths. Although... I don't know if that's because I always choose bad times to give her a bath (like when she is hungry or tired) or if she really doesn't like them. I'm still figuring that out.
Ida has started to grasp onto objects and bring them to her mouth. One of her favorite toys right now is the tag toy. I think she prefers soft objects to hard toys so she likes little stuffed animals and the tag toy because it's made out of fabric. She also really likes to grab onto her shirt or skirt and bring that up to her mouth to suck on. Also about 2 weeks ago Aunt Katrina got Ida to laugh. Music to my ears. I don't know what it is about a laughing baby but it makes my heart melt every time.
Since then a number of other people have gotten her to laugh including Scott and Grandma Bergendorf but she will not laugh for me no matter what I do. Either way I still love to hear it!
Ida also very recently has discovered her toes and will grab onto them and play with them every once in awhile.
So far nursing is going well. I've kind of felt like my milk supply has been a little low so I'm trying to nurse more often. I love when I nurse that Ida will sit and play with my shirt or "scratch" my chest or back over and over. I think it's the cutest! She will also "scratch" her wubs head when she gets tired. Which I also find adorable!
Ida is a pretty good sleeper when she has a "bed" to sleep in. She is currently going to bed between 8 and 9, waking up twice to eat on 4 hour intervals and then waking up in the morning around 7 and 8. She is taking really good naps and will usually sleep for an hour at a time with one long nap during the day. I have found she doesn't nap super well in the car seat and is pretty sensitive to movement.
So trying to get good naps in while I'm out and about doesn't normally happen. But if I'm somewhere I can swaddle her and lay her down she sleeps great anywhere. I also think she needs quite a bit of sleep. If I'm not paying attention to her 90 minute cycle she tends to get very angry and it's hard to get her to go to sleep. At that point I usually just swaddle her and put her in the swing. But if I'm paying attention and get her naps in then she usually sleeps great!
I just love this little girl!









HEY FRIEND!! I am still reading your posts :)! She is so sweet. That video of her scratching her toy's head to sleep about killed me. She is adorable! Glad you are doing well!! Can't wait for more posts!
ReplyDeleteHere is my blog and I just updated a few posts too - http://vanleuvens.blogspot.com/
Take care!
Charly
I just read your last two posts and I am so excited for you!! And you look adorable :) Having two is the absolute best! I love it! So fun you aren't finding out... Scott and I are considering not finding out for our next one. Everly is adorable as well. She is so cute and small I love it. :)
Delete