Thursday, June 4, 2015

3 Months








 3 months old! Ida is weighing in at 11 pounds 13 ounces and is 23 inches long putting her in the 35ish percentile.

Ida is such an easy baby. She doesn't much like being held so our whole day pretty much consists of her waking up, feeding her, putting her under her play mat, then when she gets tired I swaddle her, lay her down and we start the whole thing over again. Yup... Easy. I do have to remind myself to go over and give her attention because I could probably go the whole day without really giving her quality time attention and she would be fine. She's just a happy, content baby.

 Ida is just thinking about learning how to grasp onto object. About three weeks ago she started reaching for the toys on her play mat and will hit at them (with a super adorable concentrated face). Then about a week ago she discovered she has hands and stares at them all day. I think it's pretty cute. :) She gets frustrated when she tries to grab something and her fingers wont work. It will come. She has also just started licking. I think it's so funny. If you stick something up to her mouth or she puts her hands by her mouth she will start licking them. Also, like Jacob, she really likes sucking on her hands. And if I put the pacifier in her mouth she will bring her hands really close to her chest like Jacob did.


Ida has rediscovered her voice and I think it's the cutest. I feel like it has such variation. So many different sounds and tones. She first started talking at the end of 1 month, but then she kind of stopped and has restarted talking a couple weeks ago. I love it! She especially likes to talk when she is getting tired or wants something.


And although it doesn't happen as often she still gets really upset really quickly. She can be fine and if I do something that's not what she wanted she goes from 0-60 in about 2 seconds. Thankfully, she usually settles down pretty quickly as well unless she is having what Scott and I call an "episode". Which is when she gets really really upset and screams and screams and the only thing i can do to settle her down is put her in her swing with her pacifier. But, the "episodes" don't happen very often.

Ida LOVES her wub (lion pacifier). When I hold it up to her you see her eyes get really excited then she starts concentrating really hard so she can try to grab it to put it in her month. It is pretty funny.

Ida is a great eater and a great sleeper. She is currently eating every 2-3 hours and is a very patient eater. I do think it's cute though because she is started to
get excited about eating and when I lay her on my lap to get ready to nurse her she immediately opens her mouth wide open and starts searching. But also when she's done eating she's done. And if I try to get her to eat more she gets really upset. She is also only waking up once a night to eat. Somewhere between 3-5 which is really nice! So she goes to bed between 8 and 9, wakes up to eat once then wakes up for the day between 7-8. Her napping has been really awesome as well and she takes a few half hour naps a day and one long one every hour in a half.

All in all I can't really complain. I think she is the cutest and super easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment