Anyways back to the trip! We stayed at a RV Resort that Crystal's grandparents pretty much lived in the summer. It was way fun and relaxing. We got to go swimming everyday and play tennis (not really my cup of tea), mini golf and shuffle board. Jacob loves water and loved going swimming so much! He got so that he would jump off the edge and we would dunk him completely underwater. He even learned to close his eyes in the water as well as hold his breath! My brother Scott had a Go-Pro with him and took some pretty awesome pictures with it.
Look at that smile!
Jacob also got to experience his first brain freeze... I don't think he cared for it much...
We were also able to do some sight seeing on our trip and visited Mt. Rushmore. I have to admit... It was a lot smaller then I thought it would be. Or maybe I'm just further away from it then I thought I was going to be. Because my first thought when I saw them around the bend was. "They aren't that big... Not very impressive looking." It was still fun to visit though.
We also went to Devil's tower which was pretty sweet and did a quick little 1 mile hike/walk around the base.
And what would a Scott's and Crystal trip be without rock climbing and hiking! We did some rock climbing up a canyon and unfortunately weren't able to climb as much as we would have liked because a little someone with blond hair didn't want to cooperate and stay in the pack n play by himself... I guess maybe I don't blame him... It made me a little cautious after finding the rattle snake too.
We did our hike up to Little Devil's Tower. This was not our main plan... But it ended up working out. We originally wanted to hike up Little Devil's Tower but the hike was long from the trail head and I don't exactly remember why we were hesitant... But we decided to do this different trail instead I think to get a geo-cache... Well on our hike we forgot Jacob's pacifier and so he was being a little grumpy so after we got close to the geo-cache and the Scott's had moved off trail in search of it Crystal and I continued hiking up the hill in hopes of keeping Jacob more happy. Well on our way we passed a sign that pointed us toward Little Devil's Tower so we took the turn and kept on trekking. By the time the Scott's were trying to get a hold of us to find where we were we were nearly to the top so we just kept going till we made it! The hike we ended up doing was a lot shorter then starting from the trail head... So I'm glad we took this trail instead and we were still able to make it to the top.
The trip was a lot of fun and we are glad that Scott and Crystal invited us since our days of trips together are becoming limited with the second little guy on the way and not a big enough car for all of us to fit in. Now for more random fun pictures from our trip!
How Crystal spends the majority of the travel time
Scott trying to catch me sleeping... I caught him first.
'
































No comments:
Post a Comment