Our line of the family was the Reed and Beth Bird side.
I don't know why I was so excited to go because I knew I'd know no one... But I was, and it ended up being a blast! It was fun to get to know some of Scott's family and to join in on all the fun activities. One of those activities being floating the river. We were staying in a cabin in Island Park and floated down Henry's Fork. Well... Jacob could have had more fun, let's put it that way. haha We were doing great until he woke up and decided he hated being on the river! I guess it could have been a lot worse... Just a half hour period of screaming then he settled down once he realized being on the river wasn't all that bad.
The gang. Me, Jersey, TJ, Riley, Janette, Grandma, Keri
Pushing in the shallows
Jersey with her cute hat! :)
Riley and TJ
Scott, Grandma and Jacob (after he had settled down)
We also participated in the Bird Reunion 5k! Scott, Jacob and I.
This would be Jacob's 2nd 5k and overall we didn't do to bad. I pushed
the stroller so that Scott could actually run because he wanted to try
to PR. Which he did! He took a full 30 seconds off his minute per mile
and ended up running it in around 27 mins! Nice work babe! He ended up
getting 5th place! Jacob and I ran it around 32 mins. We got 3rd place
in the women's and 1st place pushing the stroller. (There were only like
3 of us) Not to shabby, I got the award Mother Hen for getting first
pushing a stroller. :) One morning Scott wanted to drive up to Sawtell Peak to watch the sunrise. I agreed to it, but after a not so good night with Jacob, let's just say I wasn't in a very chipper mood when 5:30 came around and there Scott was with a boyish grin on his face practically jumping on the bed with excitement. We went. And it's a good thing at least the males in this family are early birds! It was fun though once I woke up enough to not want to shoot Scott. ;)
Waiting for the sun...
It was a little windy up top... I don't think Jacob was amused.
It was pretty smokey
After that we spent the day in West Yellowstone shopping. Scott decided
he wanted to ride his bike from West Yellowstone back to the camp
ground. I think around 20 miles... Maybe a little less. So we took off
without him. It only rained a little bit on him. But he made it!After the reunion was over Scott's immediate family stayed up in Island Park a few days more for our own Family Vacation. We made our way up to Virgina City to walk around the old mining town and were disappointed to find that the train was broke down. (The main reason we went to Virgina City). So that was too bad.
We were going to go to the Lewis and Clark Caverns but the weather wasn't exactly cooperating with us, aka rain, so we skipped out on that.
A couple weeks later we all came back to the cabin so we could continue our vacation because we had so much fun the first time we wanted to do it again! And because the weather was bad so we didn't get to do everything we wanted... :) So we headed up to the Lewis and Clark Caverns! I was a little worried about taking Jacob through them, I didn't want to be THAT lady. You know, the annoying lady that decided to enter the caves with the screaming baby in a cave that amplifies the screams 10 fold. I was very grateful when Jacob LOVED them! He only fussed a bit right before he went down for his nap, then when he awoke, he loved looking at all the different rocks and colors. It was so fun to watch him look at everything!
Hiking up to the Cavern opening
After Jacob woke up from his nap he just wanted to look up at all the rocks.
Wouldn't be camping without finding the "treasure" aka geocach with Uncle Scott!
We also spent some time at the Mesa Falls. It was a little rainy but not
anything terrible. Overall it was an awesome vacation! Thanks Grandma
and Grandpa Bergendorf for a great va-ca! 




No comments:
Post a Comment