Saturday, May 25, 2013

39 Weeks

May 25, 2013, 39 Weeks

One week left! We made it! Scott and I have been very busy these past couple weeks just finishing off those last minute "baby chores" as Scott calls them. One of those baby chores being putting together baby's room. Since we found out I was prego all the baby gear and clothes and everything have just been thrown up into the the spare bedroom in big piles. We decided with two weeks left we better get the room all picked up and organized so that we have somewhere to put him once he comes home.

Before

After


A few other projects we have been working on is getting a a new dresser for the baby. We found the perfect one at a garage sale that needed refinished so Scott took up that project. We ended up putting the new one in our room when it was finished because it was a little bigger then the one we had. And it looked so nice!

 Before
 After

 My project has been re-upholstering a glider chair that we bought off of craigslist. I think I did a pretty good job if I do say so myself :)

Before
 After

 Another one of my projects was making a baby blanket for our new little boy. I love how it turned out! It is so cute. As well as some nursing covers.







What do you do when you are tired of wearing the same old, same old maternity shirts that you've been wearing for the past 3 months and you only have 2 weeks left.... You invade your husbands closet and manipulate his shirts to work as maternity shirts!

One day I just didn't want to wear any of my maternity shirts. So Scott goes over to his closet and jokingly pulls out this shirt and says, "Here, wear this." Well... That got my mind working and with a little manipulation (I did not destroy the shirt in anyway that would make it so Scott couldn't wear it anymore) I was able to make a pretty cute outfit. Amazing what desperation will do for you. :)


 
Before





After

38 Weeks
39 Weeks
 Baby Bergy is still heads up. I decided to schedule the c-section at my 38 week appointment. I figured putting it off was going to do nothing but make it so I couldn't do it on the day I wanted. If he turned we could always cancel it. So we have decided to schedule it for June 1st, 2013. We picked this day because we didn't pick this day if that makes sense. I just had a really hard time "picking" his birthday. I just feel like it's not my choice to choose. So we have decided to schedule it for his due date because that's not a date that I choose. It was a date chosen because of when he was conceived. So it is scheduled. Bright and early 9 am. I told them I wanted it done the earliest they could because I didn't want to be waiting around all day in anticipation waiting.

After I scheduled the appointment I had a really hard time dealing with the idea of a c-section again. I have just been putting it on the back burner for so long because I wanted him to flip that I never really thought about it really happening. Scheduling the actual appointment made it real and I didn't handle it well. After this I decided I could either continue to put it on the back burning and be bitter and upset about the whole thing. Or I could actually face the fact that my baby was breech and try to make the c-section the most positive experience that I could. So I put away my hynobabies books and turned my focus to really coming to peace with having a c-section. I started doing research on "natural" options for c-sections to make me feel like I am apart of the birth. There are actually lots of options. So I made a birth plan and discussed it with my doctor at my 39 week appointment and he said everything looks good so I'm excited about that!

We are now 2 days from the scheduled date. I am still feeling great. Yesterday was my last day at work. It was a bitter/sweet. I really do love my job. I don't know if I'll be returning or not in three months. We are going to play it by ear and see what's happening. I decided I wanted a couple days to myself to just get things done and to relax before my life changes forever. It will be nice to have some downtime!

A few days ago Scott was looking at me while I was getting ready for work and said. "I'm going to miss you having a belly. It's so cute" After I started thinking about it and I feel like I will miss having a belly to. There is something really special about being able to carry a human body inside of you. I kind of think I'm going to feel a little lonely not having my baby in there kicking and moving around all day. I guess it's a good trade off though. I will still be able to have him close to me. He will just be outside my body instead of inside my body.








2 comments:

  1. You are so adorable. I love the scott outfit. :) And the baby's room looks so cute and the chair and the dresser and the blanket and the nursing covers. HA HA! You are super creative. I am so so happy for you and I am so glad that you were able to be more at peace with the C section. Everything is going to be great!
    Thanks for helping me be stronger too. I just lost my midwife because she is transferring to the exact clinic i came from that I hated. It was like losing a friend. I just sat in the parking lot trying not to cry, feeling like i had no closure. I mean, I had found someone that i trusted and loved finally and then she had to leave right before the baby comes! I just try and remember I am not alone, everything is going to be ok! Heavenly Father knows our fears and worries and feelings. He'll be right there. You are going to do great and it's so exciting to know you will have a little buddy tomorrow! It's going to be so amazing. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was a great read. You are so talented in so many ways. You write well, you are creative. You both did great on all of your projects. The baby's room looks great! And I loved your Scott's shirt outfit. It actually turned out VERY cute!

    Good luck today. You'll be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete