Saturday, November 17, 2012
The past three months....
Pregnancy.... No exactly what I expected, but I don't think one can fully ever prepare for it. We grow up seeing women with cute little bellies all over the place thinking that one day, when we are older, we will be able to experience this fun, happy, joyful experience for our selves. Well.... I'm not saying its been ALL bad, but it's definitely different then I expected. For starters, morning sickness... One can NOT prepare for morning sickness... And its not that feeling nauseous all day is terrible... Its feeling nauseous all day, all night, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for 2 months straight that really starts to make it miserable. Thankfully, you do get used to the toilet being your best friend... The first couple weeks was the hardest... But then you get used to it and it just becomes a part of your everyday life. Then you have all the other symptoms... being overly tired all the time, breaking out in zits all over your body, not feeling like eating anything, ever, having to pee every half an hour (Does it sound like I'm complaining?)
BUT, like I said earlier... It isn't ALL bad. There is nothing like seeing your baby on that Ultrasound screen for the first time with the soon to be father by your side. Words can't describe the millions of thoughts and feelings that you have. Its still surreal. You see that image, and you know that its showing you what's inside YOUR body, but you still can't believe that you have a body inside of you. And then you get to tell your family and friends. And everyone is so excited and happy for you! And they cry and smile and laugh and give you hugs. You also get your own personal insulation system. Which is coming in handy now that we are moving into the winter months. Then you still have many things to look forward to. Feeling the baby move inside of you for the first time. Letting the father to be, feel the baby move for the first time. Finding out the gender of the baby. Having an excuse to buy a whole new wardrobe. Pregnancy is pretty amazing. And yes, it is hard sometimes, and your sick of feeling sick all the time, but there is still so much to look forward to. I'm excited for the future and for the opportunity that Scott and I have to start a family together. And have I mentioned I have the most amazing husband ever? Because I do. He has been so amazing through everything, and pampers me like crazy. He has definitely picked up the slack around the house that I haven't been in the mood to do lately. He really is so good to me. Not all things in pregnancy are fun, happy and joyful, but in the end the good outweigh the bad and I'm excited to start this new adventure and chapter in our lives.
Ok, I'm now done with all the mushy, complaining stuff.... :) As you can see from the earlier picture, Baby Bergy will make its appearance on or near June, 1st 2013. I am currently 12 weeks pregnant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congrats Jacs! You guys will make great parents :)
ReplyDeleteHip hip hooray!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI loved your post about the baby! I'm so happy for you! I've always known you're going to be a great mother. And I'm so glad you've got such a good man! Congratulations!
ReplyDelete