But we went to the parade, which is the norm.
"Now to the greenbelt!" We yelled in high tones,
To wander through vendors while eating snow cones.
After our time at the greenbelt did dwindle,
We went to the home of the Well's to mingle.
It was at this time that we would celebrate,
The birth of Janette, who could hardly wait!
Off to the greenbelt again we would go,
But this time to watch the firework show.
Our bikes we did ride to avoid all the crowd,
To be under the fireworks where it would be really loud.
We sat by Clarissa next to all the commotion,
To celebrate the birth of our wonderful great nation.
I know, I know... everyone is super jealous of my awesome poem writing skills....
The 4th of July was great through! this pretty much sums up what we did the whole day. The only difference was that I was pretty sick the whole day. And It just continued to get worse and worse as the day went on. I tried to be a good sport though and go to all the activities of the day.
Scott and I decided it would be easier to get through the crowd at the greenbelt if we rode our bikes. So we borrowed Janette's bike trailer, threw all our stuff and Cricket inside and set off! It ended up working out really well! After the fireworks we rode our bikes on the rode to our car and were home no more then 20 minutes after the fireworks had ended.
Scott and I waiting for the fireworks to start with Cricket
Venny and Scott-er :) Newly engaged!
Clarissa and I watching the fireworks
No comments:
Post a Comment